What changes to the current Z would you like to see in the new model?

Z San

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240SX
Agreed, and the Z was always a more upscale feeling sports car than a lot of its competitors. The price just needs to come down a bit or at least stay the same since price creep has definitely hurt others.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
I'd love it if it gets a similar interior to the interior on the Maxima concept car

Production version much less futuristic (to be expected) but still pretty nice IMO. I'd be happy with this for the next Z .

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
The next Z wil not have as nice of interior as the new Maxima, but it also doesn't and shouldnt need to. Keep it more spartan, more sporty and race inspired. Too much luxury will add to cost and weight... my 2 mortal enemies :)

debussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
Ya 370z dash is not very attractive and chintzy feeling.

Give us this orange leather as an option tho please.

Persimmon is pretty much being phased out at this point. Sad because it is a beautiful color, along with the wine interior.

nismoZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Persimmon is pretty much being phased out at this point. Sad because it is a beautiful color, along with the wine interior.
Since they had some pretty interesting colors like permisson and wine for current gen, I'm sure they'll introduce some more unique colors for the Z35. Hope there is a orange/brownish shade tho!

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
*Color match the door handles. Please!

*Keyless start.

*Six Piston BBK. Like the Brembo's on the Mustang.

Angelo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z34 l E39 l F30
I actually don't mind the Z's interior materials (not to be confused with "I adore my $40K car's shitty interior"). It's not an Mercedes, so it doesn't require a premium feel. However, unlike the Z34, a $40K+ car should come standard, free of cheap plastics. While we're at it, a modern yet simplistic dashboard layout; door panel and dashboard trim with multiple color options (BMW comes to mind); adaptive suspension ala R35 or G30; and Recaro seats and Brembo brakes options, would make my day. Finally, if I could only have one wish come true for the Z35, it would be M2 and M4-dominating performance, with Z34 Nismo pricing. Oh yeah, Nissan should stop slapping the Nismo badge on future models unless there's a significant increase in performance. The Nismo GTR is legitimate, but the Nismo Sentra? Nismo Juke? Are you kidding me?

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I have to disagree. The Nismo even on the GTR is no way legitimate just as in the Z. Your talking about a $60K price tag above the premium. A little bit more HP and some styling inside and out with lighter wheels no way justifies that cost.

But the adaptive suspension would be very nice.

I actually don't mind the Z's interior materials (not to be confused with "I adore my $40K car's shitty interior"). It's not an Mercedes, so it doesn't require a premium feel. However, unlike the Z34, a $40K+ car should come standard, free of cheap plastics. While we're at it, a modern yet simplistic dashboard layout; door panel and dashboard trim with multiple color options (BMW comes to mind); adaptive suspension ala R35 or G30; and Recaro seats and Brembo brakes options, would make my day. Finally, if I could only have one wish come true for the Z35, it would be M2 and M4-dominating performance, with Z34 Nismo pricing. Oh yeah, Nissan should stop slapping the Nismo badge on future models unless there's a significant increase in performance. The Nismo GTR is legitimate, but the Nismo Sentra? Nismo Juke? Are you kidding me?

Angelo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z34 l E39 l F30
I have to disagree. The Nismo even on the GTR is no way legitimate just as in the Z. Your talking about a $60K price tag above the premium. A little bit more HP and some styling inside and out with lighter wheels no way justifies that cost.

But the adaptive suspension would be very nice.
You're absolutely right about the GTR; it's significantly more expensive than a regular GTR, and in my opinion, does not warrant a $150K+ price tag. If the current Nismo costs $10K instead of $60K above the regular GTR, would that be acceptable given its slight improvements? I suppose it all boils down to how much we, the customers, are willing to pay for minor improvements. How much more expensive is the 911 Turbo S compared to the regular Turbo? I didn't look, and I'm not arguing, just thinking out loud. The bottom line is, Nismo models should be what the Z-Tune R34 was to the regular Skyline GTR.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
You're absolutely right about the GTR; it's significantly more expensive than a regular GTR, and in my opinion, does not warrant a $150K+ price tag. If the current Nismo costs $10K instead of $60K above the regular GTR, would that be acceptable given its slight improvements? I suppose it all boils down to how much we, the customers, are willing to pay for minor improvements. How much more expensive is the 911 Turbo S compared to the regular Turbo? I didn't look, and I'm not arguing, just thinking out loud. The bottom line is, Nismo models should be what the Z-Tune R34 was to the regular Skyline GTR.
I agree with with that. Then the Porsche models. Their pricing from one model to another are absurd. I loved to have one. But the aftermarket parts are wildly priced with minimal gain. Then to work on them is another conversation.

ThreeSeven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 WRX Wagon
With an upper end hybrid rumored, probably Nismo bound, those prices aren't going to be coming down either. But just maybe it will justify the high price tag and be worthy of a Nismo model.