What car are you getting instead of the Z?

Z32ttpearl

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx
Occupation
Truck Driver
i know there were several of us here who were waiting for the reveal to see the z's details and when it was gonna be at dealers.

it's gonna be too long of a wait for me, so i'm getting something else for now. i will be looking at the z in the future.

so what is the reason your buying another vehicle? what are you getting? are you still interested in the z?
They said that the new Z will be available Spring 2022, for me that is around the corner. I've been saving up for my new car, once I see it at the dealership I will make a choice. I hope new year, we get some spy video of the Nismo Z.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Picked this up instead o f the Z. Love the Z but didnt want to wait. Still not ruling out the Z in the future. Now i have this, maybe i can be patient and wait for the Nismo Z :)
GTR1.jpg
congrats man...nice ride indeed. i pick up my new dd and will post up later...it needs a wash first.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
They said that the new Z will be available Spring 2022, for me that is around the corner. I've been saving up for my new car, once I see it at the dealership I will make a choice. I hope new year, we get some spy video of the Nismo Z.
that is too long of a timeframe for me. i put it off for many years. i did go ahead and get something recently and i'm very happy with it.

we figured that we'll miss the initial rush, enevitable dealer mark-ups, first year warranty problems/recalls and having to ''settle" for what the dealer has in stock.

Z32ttpearl

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx
Occupation
Truck Driver
that is too long of a timeframe for me. i put it off for many years. i did go ahead and get something recently and i'm very happy with it.

we figured that we'll miss the initial rush, enevitable dealer mark-ups, first year warranty problems/recalls and having to ''settle" for what the dealer has in stock.
Since you bought something that is keeping you happy, time will fly because you are having fun with your new toy. Just let all of that rush/mark-ups go 1st, then make your move. Remember, this is a full production model you will eventually build your own. Many people believe this will be the last Z with a petrol engine before they go all EV.

*This New Z is a "re-make" of all the best things of its predecessors, I strongly believe there won't be many issues*.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I loooooove SW20 MR2's, haven't thought about 2G GSX's in forever but last I recall, they're crazy unreliable?
They're only as unreliable as the maintenance the owner conducts on them. Had a 2G many moons ago and would LOVE another, but a manual 2Gb GSX is next to impossible to find. Same with a Talon TSi AWD.

I wouldn't say I'm getting this instead of the Z, but I will be picking up a Gladiator Mojave sometime next year. Will be trading in or selling the Wrangler for it.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'd say the past Camaros were trending more towards muscle, but the 6th gen is a sportcar.
Truth. When you have Camaros beating GTRs around road courses you know something has changed.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I was thinking if dealer markups are so ridiculous for the new Z or if it's going to be a pain to get...I'll either just wait a lil longer or get something else. I don't know if I can wait because I want a car by next summer and I'm tired of being patient lol.

Also it looks like it will be priced around the Mustang GT and that to me is a dilemma. I've always wanted a Mustang but with the Z I was hoping it would be a lot cheaper. So I don't know what to do here lol. Another choice would be to go cheaper and get the GR86. I can always play around with it and sup it up to my liking. Who knows? First and foremost I do want the Z and hope to get one. So I got alot of thinking to do. Lol

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I was thinking if dealer markups are so ridiculous for the new Z or if it's going to be a pain to get...I'll either just wait a lil longer or get something else. I don't know if I can wait because I want a car by next summer and I'm tired of being patient lol.

Also it looks like it will be priced around the Mustang GT and that to me is a dilemma. I've always wanted a Mustang but with the Z I was hoping it would be a lot cheaper. So I don't know what to do here lol. Another choice would be to go cheaper and get the GR86. I can always play around with it and sup it up to my liking. Who knows? First and foremost I do want the Z and hope to get one. So I got alot of thinking to do. Lol
I'm in a similar boat - timing, impatience and all - but I just...don't know if I could do a Mustang/GR86. Going to keep trying to hold out as long as possible, see what happens.

There is a handful of things about the GR that bug me, and the "they-are-everywhere" aspect of the Mustang bugs me a bit too. Who knows, that could happen with the Z as well, but just don't feel like either of those will turn heads - including my own - nearly as much as the Z.

Last edited: