Tranmissions?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
That's a fail. They managed to make a dual clutch bad?!

I'm hoping for a good dual clutch box just for ultimate control. Extra nice if they gave it double-pull feature to drop to neutral. Good for some exhaust revving on the go :)

With how well they made the current 7 speed in the Z function as well as their dct in the gtr I'm sure Nissan won't screw this up.....hopefully not screw it up lol

I'm staying positive and siding with them putting a certain good tranny in the new Z.

JARblue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 370Z 6MT Sport, 1998 M3/4/5
Anyone have updates on this? Guesses as to what the MT will be? Will Aug 17th reveal include transmission details?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Anyone have updates on this? Guesses as to what the MT will be? Will Aug 17th reveal include transmission details?
Everyone is pretty sure it will be the same one from the 370Z.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Time will tell. Hard decision if shorter final drives are available or not necessary for the auto. Manual seems fitting for this car though. Would also depend on durability I wonder how the manuals will hold up with the new power delivery.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Time will tell. Hard decision if shorter final drives are available or not necessary for the auto. Manual seems fitting for this car though. Would also depend on durability I wonder how the manuals will hold up with the new power delivery.
I don't have personal experience, but I've read in several other places the stock manual trans in the Z34 is good for up to 600 HP. The Z35 is probably using the same transmission.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
has Nissan resolved the CSC issue with an external unit along with the HD clutch ?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
The EPAS system and trans are completely different from the Qs. And the MB auto trans has been out for over a decade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Not sure the new Z actually has a "real manual" gearbox. :( With the rev-matching and no-lift gear changes, there has to be some sort of electronic gimmickry going on, but hopefully not as bad as the automatic-in-"manual-mode" silliness.

Last edited by a moderator:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure the new Z actually has a "real manual" gearbox. :( With the rev-matching and no-lift gear changes, there has to be some sort of electronic gimmickry going on, but hopefully not as bad as the automatic-in-"manual-mode" silliness.
It is the same transmission in the Sport and Performance grades. The rev-matching and no-lift shifting are just engine functions added to the Performance ECU.