The Z: She's got issues

Which issues do you have?

• The 9AT issue (unresolved)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Headlight paint flake issue (unresolved)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
Discovered a new issue this morning (and I am at 5,000 miles as of today!)..

The very very front bottom corner of my driver-side-door glass is chipped. How? I have no idea - it's not even exposed glass, it's behind the mirror 'rubber' housing even, so no way a rock or something hit it. Only noticed because the sun caught the glass just right and I could see the glass edging. To note, it's such a small corner edge that when you open the door - that part of the glass is covered by they window dropping.

I've also been having a 'rattling' in my driver door when playing music, doesn't even need to be turned up super loud (Starboy by The Weeknd is my best example so far of causing it basically the entire song), so now I'm wondering if it's a glass chip in the door..

The katanas not being perfectly aligned also bugs me - I should've bugged them to look at 'em when I was at the dealer last weekend.

Haven't had any of the other paint issues yet tho - but I haven't been opening my hood a lot, lol
Turns out I'm a moron - when I finally got the chance to actually inspect my window - it's not chipped on the glass, it's actually just the tint that's peeling on the corner. Still annoying and I'm definitely going to have them take a look. That said, that leaves my door 'rattle' a mystery to solve also.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
does anyone notice a slight maybe 2-3 out of 10 rattle inside the door on a bumpy road? started noticing this with no music on. its coming around where the interior door handle is and its just a quick little rattle when hitting bumps. if you pull the door handle while your driving it goes away which means its the door latch mechanism just a tiny bit loose. So I did get my windows tinted and I cant say for sure if I was doing it before or not. Im also not sure if they pulled the door skins to tint it or not. but even then I dont think its the window track or anything its definitely related to the handle area . so was just wondering if anyone else might have a mild door rattle.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
does anyone notice a slight maybe 2-3 out of 10 rattle inside the door on a bumpy road? started noticing this with no music on. its coming around where the interior door handle is and its just a quick little rattle when hitting bumps. if you pull the door handle while your driving it goes away which means its the door latch mechanism just a tiny bit loose. So I did get my windows tinted and I cant say for sure if I was doing it before or not. Im also not sure if they pulled the door skins to tint it or not. but even then I dont think its the window track or anything its definitely related to the handle area . so was just wondering if anyone else might have a mild door rattle.
Not the door but I have noticed a minor rattle sometimes that seems to come from behind the dash and another one from around the rear vision mirror occasionally. It wouldnt be noticeable if the radio was on but most of the time I drive around in silence like a psychopath.