The Pet Thread

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
O
Hey pet owners, I'm hearing that pet food has become real expensive and some shortages are occurring, is anyone experiencing that?

We had a cat who would only eat Royal Canine wet cat food, so picky. My wife's friend said that cat food has gone way up in price and is hard to find.

I've been considering getting a dog or cat, food price isn't an issue, but shortages would be a bummer if the pet is picky.....
nly just saw this…in Aus we did go through a shortage. It seems to have been rectified now…but for sure prices have gone up.
My dogs have Supercoat for sensitive tummies (it’s the only thing one of mine can eat and pass without poo explosions as he is getting on a bit) $80 Aus (55US) for 15kilos (33pounds)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Update: the original owners reached out to me first thing this morning.

Turns out the little guy was stolen back in July, the original owner is in older lady who just got a divorce and moved back home to New Jersey about a month ago.

I took him to my vet and got him a full examination, he has a clean bill of health and he's now caught up on all of his shots with a month supply of heartworm and flea preventative.

Little guy ships out on Monday for New Jersey.

I'm just doing what I hope like hell somebody would do for me if I somehow lost my dog, this is just me making a deposit into the Karma Bank lol
What a wonderful man you are!

About 25 years back now…before kids. My husband was working in the country for a week helping with optometry issues. I came home late one night after a long shift to see our side gate kicked down and my then dog gone
I was horrified, scared and completely distraught.
So much so one of my neighbours had heard me calling for him and came out.
Someone down the street had seen him wandering around but didn’t know who he belonged too, so had taken him to the pound for safe keeping. I tried to call that night but no one was there till the next day
I was so relieved to find him safe and well.
Apparently a spate of break ins had happened that day, but they didn’t get into our house, and it’s not the first time our dogs have saved us.
He was only 6months at the time

As to my current boys, one is turning. 5 the other is now 12 …I worry about him every day. But he still seems to have a lot of life left in him

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
Love the positivity of this post, so many beautiful dogs along with stories!
This picture will always have a place in my heart. The golden on the far right has since passed on and was my childhood dog … my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumour at 12 years old and 2 months later we rescued her as a pup.
the black “golden” on the right is her Daughter and currently 13 years old and showing her age … my golden in the middle (pup) is now 7… best dog I could ever ask for and truthfully unsure how I got so lucky… the border collie on the left is her best friend and partner in crime… very lovable dog that has endless amounts of energy, my arthritis often kicks in well before she’s done playing fetch!

891B081E-63A6-4C94-A0EA-D45F2DA92474.jpeg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
check out this cool dog fountain the military tribute section of this park. it also honored dogs in the armed forces...

IMG_20230108_154345320.jpg

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
So in case y'all didn't know, birds regurgitate food not only for their babies, but also as a sign of affection for their mate (whether bird, human, or whatever they claim). It's nasty, but hilarious. This asshole does it but keeps it for herself. Little greedy bitch.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X2C9AS4FpS64dEEZ9