The Movie Review Thread

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Downton Abbey would be more preferable for me (not that I've seen more than a couple of the TV episodes). Most of the DC and Marvel stuff is so way way over the top and/or dark and dismal that I find it completely unwatchable.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I want to see this one

No you don't.

We enjoyed the 1st one, so we're probably going to watch this one as well.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is horrible, the 1st one was actually GOOD - I dunno WTF happened. Sonic is still "Sonic", Tails was annoying and just awkwardly thrown in the movie, Knuckles was.....off

My Wife, Daughter and I walked out after the breakdance battle in Siberia against a bunch of stereotypically drunk Russians.

Edit: Space Force is another newly-canceled US TV show.
The whole fuckin' thing needs to be canceled, not just the show.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
No you don't.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is horrible, the 1st one was actually GOOD - I dunno WTF happened. Sonic is still "Sonic", Tails was annoying and just awkwardly thrown in the movie, Knuckles was.....off

My Wife, Daughter and I walked out after the breakdance battle in Siberia against a bunch of stereotypically drunk Russians.

The whole fuckin' thing needs to be canceled, not just the show.
This right here will definitely keep me from watching it!

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Oh, yeah...there's a fairly nice car in there, too. 😛

top-gun-maverick-bande-annonce.jpg
All I See Is An Old And Busted Chassis,

Smoking Hot Jennifer Connelly and Classic 911 Hotness . . .

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Top Gun was fucking fantastic. Totally worth the over 3/4s of my life I waited for it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I am glad that the film maker eventually did the right thing and put the flags of Taiwan(RoC)/Japan back on Maverick's jacket.
I was so pissed they originally removed the Taiwan flag. I read a story about how they took the effort to put the Taiwan flag back in the movie after being dissed by the Commies. Oh, and Tom Cruise doesn't participate in cancel culture. I hope Hollywood learns something. Probably not, but I'm looking forward to seeing Top Gun!

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I was so pissed they originally removed the Taiwan flag. I read a story about how they took the effort to put the Taiwan flag back in the movie after being dissed by the Commies. Oh, and Tom Cruise doesn't participate in cancel culture. I hope Hollywood learns something. Probably not, but I'm looking forward to seeing Top Gun!
I can't talk about the specifics openly here, but Chinese authorities coming down on even mild references to Taiwan as independent, is even more onerous than some people think. I learned that due to a situation that occurred at the company I work for. The company folded to the Chinese demands - there was too much future business at stake. :(

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I can't talk about the specifics openly here, but Chinese authorities coming down on even mild references to Taiwan as independent, is even more onerous than some people think. I learned that due to a situation that occurred at the company I work for. The company folded to the Chinese demands - there was too much future business at stake. :(
Huge problem. I won't elaborate in a movie thread.

But, to the point, Hollywood has been bending over for China, as many releases may be most profitable in the Chinese market. This causes our movies to be censored and propagandized.
Tencent was the biggest single Hollywood influencer.
They've had "gayness" removed for Chinese market (funny how no one is protesting that?) And black characters are usually marginalized in Chinese releases.

Anyways, the CCP said "no" to Top Gun because it shows the US military from a powerful perspective.