First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
while looking for a car for my nephew, seeing pics of an xtreme brought back memories of my white 01 that i had.

fun little truck...the only reason i traded it off was because it was a single cab and i couldn't fit speakers behind the seats.

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
1973-ford-mustang-mach-1.jpg

Wheeled from the age of 17 to 25 . . Dang thing just rusted and rusted and got faster and faster . . .
Bright Blue Poly '72 Mach 1 351 Cleveland 2bbl, single rusty cherry bomb exhaust, rusted out floorboards, trunk floor, and disintegrating rear wheel fender wells . . . Chick Magnet, pArTy ~ mobile . . . Gone . . . but not forgotten . . .

*** Disclaimer ~ not my actual Mach 1 - closest representation without digging through my old actual print photos ~ curated from the Web

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
1973-ford-mustang-mach-1.jpg

Wheeled from the age of 17 to 25 . . Dang thing just rusted and rusted and got faster and faster . . .
Bright Blue Poly '72 Mach 1 351 Cleveland 2bbl, single rusty cherry bomb exhaust, rusted out floorboards, trunk floor, and disintegrating rear wheel fender wells . . . Chick Magnet, pArTy ~ mobile . . . Gone . . . but not forgotten . . .
*** Disclaimer ~ not my actual Mach 1 - closest representation without digging through my old actual print photos ~ curated from the Web
The backwoods weight reduction hahahah that’s awesome

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so my old mklll isn't for sale, she has big plans to restore it.

i went ahead and snapped a pic and giggled a little at the door decal...

20211211_225423.jpg

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I wonder what they make their tofu deliveries in these days?

*edit*
I missed your post earlier in the thread. I thought it was sitting on your property waiting to be restored. The She you were referring to being the MK3.

I wouldnt want any of my old cars back. My favorite, I still have, but its a rustbucket that would be more trouble than its worth to be saved. I do toy with the idea of building my ideal DB2 Integra, and I even bought a really well built one a couple years ago but everytime I get behind the wheel of a 90's car, no matter how well modded and kept, I get the feeling that you can't go home again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I wonder what they make their tofu deliveries in these days?

*edit*
I missed your post earlier in the thread. I thought it was sitting on your property waiting to be restored. The She you were referring to being the MK3.
'she' in this case is the current owner who blew the motor. she wants to keep it and rebuild the engine or jz swap it.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
If I had to pick one, it would be my Z32. Loved the t-top.

For as much as I love cars, I weirdly don’t wish I had any of them back. I’m always sad when I let them go, but on to the next thing I guess. I regret the ones I didn’t/won’t get to buy.

Wish I would have bought a used 991.1 in 2019 instead of selecting the cheaper, “financially safe” car. I didn’t foresee used 991 prices going this high and I refuse to pay that now. Could have bought that car and drove it for free for a few years!

Also wish I would have bought a Shelby GT350 new during the first few production years.

Also, loved the 13/14 Shelby GT500. I can never seem to find the right options on one that isn’t across the country. Plus the good ones are near their original MSRP.

AMG GT coupe. So beautiful. I picked out the perfect wheels for one in black. Not interested in the maintenance costs.

All the could’ve beens.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Far and away my 04 STi that got stolen and stripped. Counter steering mid turn, awd donuts, going sideways from a stop during normal driving in snow, 0-80mph in what felt like 5 seconds, I could go on and on. 15 years ago at 19 the insurance was $400 a month. My mom asked why and the agent said "because it's one of the fastest cars on the planet" lol.

Like my Mustang people in slower cars pull up and just want to see you go. I always gave them what they wanted lol. It had a Cobb stage 2 ots map with invidia v3 downpipe and hks carbon titanium exhaust. Would have definitely kept it forever. I had a new 05 s2k for almost a year before that, but once I drove an STi I fell in love. I could have bought a new one, but been there done that.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
If I had to pick one, it would be my Z32. Loved the t-top.

For as much as I love cars, I weirdly don’t wish I had any of them back. I’m always sad when I let them go, but on to the next thing I guess. I regret the ones I didn’t/won’t get to buy.
The Z32 is my favorite. Really the best thing Nissan ever brought to the US. To me, it is aging as well as the original NSX and RX-7 FD. Timeless.

I had a chance to buy a mint 1995 Acura Legend recently. 32K miles. I had one for several years back in the 90's, and I loved the car. When I test drove that Legend, I couldn't believe how janky it felt. Slow (compared to what I drove up in) and too similar to an Accord in feel. I remember that car blew our minds back in the day.

My co-worker has a minty 1991 CRX Si he has offered to sell to me. I have been mulling it over. But, I am too worried it'll get stolen, stripped. And it'll be too easy to be totaled in a minor accident. Also, parts are so hard to find. And, being only 105hp I may regret buying it!

Quigs

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Mazdaspeed3, '22 Ford F-250 SD, Miata racecar
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
I miss the car that started it all for me and got me into working on cars: 1990 Nissan 240SX S13 hatch. Bought it completely stock when I was 18. Learned how to do an engine swap on my own and dropped in a SR20DET in my parent's garage. Sold it when I decided it was time to "be an adult." I've regretted it ever since.

024.JPG

nathanf.jpg

I'm also guessing that I will absolutely miss my Mazdaspeed3 when the time comes to move on. I'm thinking that it will be replaced when I pick up a Nissan Z, hence why I'm here on this forum haha. The Mazda has been a fantastic car for the past 10 years and is so much fun to drive. It's basically built to be a fun backroads car and I take it to the Tail of the Dragon every year. Now I think it's modded just a bit much to be comfortable every day, so moving on to a more out-of-the-box performance car like the Z is the wise move as I get older.

MNM_HDR10.jpg

rolling.jpg

1.jpg

11337011_10102553931393066_8034414617956111129_o.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I miss the car that started it all for me and got me into working on cars: 1990 Nissan 240SX S13 hatch. Bought it completely stock when I was 18. Learned how to do an engine swap on my own and dropped in a SR20DET in my parent's garage. Sold it when I decided it was time to "be an adult." I've regretted it ever since.

024.JPG
some nice rides man...

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
my nephew sent me these pics of my old mini truck he inherited. big plans to put in a sound system and compete.

man i miss the ol 'minitruckin' days...did anyone here get into stereos and sound competitions?

Snapchat-217587051~2.jpg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
my nephew sent me these pics of my old mini truck he inherited. big plans to put in a sound system and compete.

man i miss the ol 'minitruckin' days...did anyone here get into stereos and sound competitions?

Snapchat-217587051~2.jpg
I had a slammed and notched S-10 with Z28 wheels back in the 90's.

I am still into stereos, and occasionally collect and sell old school gear. I plan on putting a system in the Z.

I remember my favorite truck was the early 90's Mazda B series. In AZ, they were all stripper B2000 or B2200.
Now that I live in WA state, I actually frequently see the more desirable B2600i extended cab with power accessories and tach. I keep wanting to get one.

One of my co-workers looks like an old school vato, and he still has his slammed B2600 he got a quarter century ago! Daily drives it too!