The All-New 2022 Subaru WRX (Teased)

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
If they’re going to shift away from the boxy, body-color matched wing, I would rather it be something like an aggressive duckbill. Not…this. This doesn’t look good. The arms look flimsy and the whole thing looks slapped on without contemplating where it should go on the trunk.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
2022 Subaru WRX Sales Have Dropped 90 Percent This Year
The latest generation of Subaru's rally racer is off to a slow start​
Supposedly it's because Subaru had to pause production earlier this year, so nobody had the cars to sell ... but as we all know, everyone is simply waiting for the Z instead. ;)

Zero

First Name
Eusebio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI 2021
Occupation
Pharmacy student
2022 Subaru WRX Sales Have Dropped 90 Percent This Year
The latest generation of Subaru's rally racer is off to a slow start​
Supposedly it's because Subaru had to pause production earlier this year, so nobody had the cars to sell ... but as we all know, everyone is simply waiting for the Z instead. ;)
Pretty sure GR Corolla is going to affect new WRX sales and with the STI discontinued the hype for this car is basically dead.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Pretty sure GR Corolla is going to affect new WRX sales and with the STI discontinued the hype for this car is basically dead.
Which, honestly, is pretty disappointing since it sounds like it's the most engaging WRX to-date.

I have to imagine it's just a matter of time before the aftermarket fixes the abomination that are those fender flares and bumper. That, combined with maybe a price drop since they can't sell them (and once the manufacturing woes are behind us), and it could make for a sweet daily driver.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Seems like Subaru is going for a theme between some vehicles, the WRX/BRZ tail area has similarities, including the sideways U shape of the tail lights (I liked the first gen BRZ round tail lights better).

All that black plastic cladding on the WRX makes it look too SUV-ish in my opinion.

1655735624927.png