The All-New 2022 Subaru WRX (Teased)

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
How awful does the rear bumper shelf look in person?
It was...bad. Should have gotten an above shot of it, because it juts out a good bit. You can kind of tell in the above photo. Really don't understand what they were thinking.

If I go back, and am considering it—it's on until Sunday—will capture some more photos of this thing.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
...Also, where's the wagon? I had a WRX wagon once and I'd buy another. Sedan? That's enough of a disappointment to get me looking hard at the Z.
wagon? yeah there's an awd wagon...they call it the 'cross trek'. the wrx actually looks like the sedan version of it...

Ozymandias

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4G Kia Rio 6MT
wagon? yeah there's an awd wagon...they call it the 'cross trek'. the wrx actually looks like the sedan version of it...
Which makes the absence of the wagon WRX all the more painful. If there's one automaker that has figured out how to sell wagons to the modern American public, it's Subaru. They could have made a WRX for people with "active lifestyles" that appreciate the extra cargo space of the wagon and the ground clearance of the CrossTrek.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Just a shame it looks like that lol. The issue with the quote below is that there are now Corollas that looks better than this WRX...
“It’s gross. But not as bad in person,” said one 2016 WRX owner when they saw the new car in person. “When I first pulled up, I was like, 'Nice Corolla.'”

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Let’s face it, it could have the best specs in the world, but when it’s also the ugliest car in the world, you are not going to sell it.

It has no refinement, no elegance ….it looks like that kid from the other page ( students doing a mod) was allowed to actually design it. The black hub details looks like cheap plastic found on Barbies house only black instead of pink but if you take that detail away then it looks like a car your grandma would drive.

Look I know I’m being harsh, but Subaru need to realise, to sell a car it has to be a little bit pretty

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Let’s face it, it could have the best specs in the world, but when it’s also the ugliest car in the world, you are not going to sell it.

It has no refinement, no elegance ….it looks like that kid from the other page ( students doing a mod) was allowed to actually design it. The black hub details looks like cheap plastic found on Barbies house only black instead of pink but if you take that detail away then it looks like a car your grandma would drive.

Look I know I’m being harsh, but Subaru need to realise, to sell a car it has to be a little bit pretty
Same could be said about the CTR but it’s selling okay.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Same could be said about the CTR but it’s selling okay.
CTR has nothing on this…and at least it’s unique…this like I said looks like 90 percent of grandma sedans with some black plastic strapped on it to try and make it look like something it really isn’t.

CTR sure…might not be everyone’s taste…but it’s uniqueness that drives the sales

Suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder…but I wouldn’t buy the WRX over my sons second hand I20 even. At least it’s not trying to pretend to be anything it’s not