The 2023 Z Sport model questions

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981,550 mustang
New member, former 280Z turbo owner:
!)Has anyone posted a road test or acceleration times for that model equipped with a manual?
2)LSD--there is no LSD available on this model?
3) Floating caliper 2 pot brakes on front--did these carry over from the 370Z

Love the styling, but can't believe they would not put an LSD or 4 pot front calipers on all models given the amount of HP that on the car.

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
1) Yes. Pretty dissapointing 12.8 second 1/4 mile. And like a 5 second 0 - 60

2) As of now , no LSD for Sport - must pay the extra $10k for the Performance model

3) Can't recall offhand if the brakes are the same type as 370Z. I do know you get the upgraded Akenbos (i think) with the Performance

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
I'm wondering how many of you guys are going for the sport model?

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
I think down in Australia they're only getting the 8 inch screen. So is it possible to switch it out with the 9 inch screen?

MZGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Is anyone planning on getting a sport Z and putting in an aftermarket diff?

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ It would void the warranty, so if you have any sense you'd have to wait for that to expire.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
^ It would void the warranty, so if you have any sense you'd have to wait for that to expire.
It would only void a warranty claim, if the aftermarket LSD was proved to be the cause of the claim.

It would not void the car's warranty.

See: Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Depends on local laws - everywhere is going to be different. Plus some things would be difficult to prove one way or the other (for example, something closely connected to the altered pieces).

As well as potential warranty issues, there could also be problems in the case of a recall - you may have to pay for the recalled repair if you have "changed" the car.

Either way, best not to muck about with a new or used car until the warranty period ends, unless you've got plenty of money to pay for potential repairs yourself.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
^ Depends on local laws - everywhere is going to be different. Plus some things would be difficult to prove one way or the other (for example, something closely connected to the altered pieces).

As well as potential warranty issues, there could also be problems in the case of a recall - you may have to pay for the recalled repair if you have "changed" the car.

Either way, best not to muck about with a new or used car until the warranty period ends, unless you've got plenty of money to pay for potential repairs yourself.
Put a Wavetrac diff in for around $3K installed. They are bulletproof and a dealer would never know it was changed since it fits in the stock diff casing. If any warranty work is needed, the diff would have nothing to do with it.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX

You are way off base, my friend.

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is a FEDERAL LAW, not local.

Recalls are also FEDERALLY MANDATED and are not left up to dealer discretion for implementation.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
You are way off base, my friend.

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is a FEDERAL LAW, not local.

Recalls are also FEDERALLY MANDATED and are not left up to dealer discretion for implementation.
Federal law also affects the rest of the world? news to me :p