That sums it up…

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
I have to say, the engine seems to produce a lot of drone at the upper RPMs. I could hear it through the video. Am I the only one?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Auto translate may just took it a bit too far there…
All the fawning over Google's deep learning AI and they can't even do a semi-decent auto-translate after all these years - what a POS.

What's even more hilarious in this video is that right after the comment translated as "horse's are good for the vagina" (at 3:32) the driver gives a big thumbs up gesture 🤣 .

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I have to say, the engine seems to produce a lot of drone at the upper RPMs. I could hear it through the video. Am I the only one?
I'm hearing a ridiculous amount of road noise, sounds like a GR86 in there. Or a Miata.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
All the fawning over Google's deep learning AI and they can't even do a semi-decent auto-translate after all these years - what a POS.

What's even more hilarious in this video is that right after the comment translated as "horse's are good for the vagina" (at 3:32) the driver gives a big thumbs up gesture 🤣 .
Auto-translate is very difficult even with the AI advancement in recent years. Here, the bigger problem is understanding what he said in Japanese. Translating from Japanese to other language is a less difficult problem.

At 3:32, the auto-gen Japanese says "Horse's rear ..." and got translated into English totally off.

I believe (based on my low level understand of Japanese) he said "This next version of car is good!"
He said "Kuruma" = car, not "horse".
"Next version", not "rear".

I could be wrong.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
That’s probably because it’s sports version, which doesn’t have active noise canceling
It's also possible it is due to a poor mic'ing/recording setup. He does drive a Performance manual in the last part of the video.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I'd say, based on the translation there, what you're hearing is "moaning" not "droning".