Taking my deposit back. Thank you everyone!

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
Would the 2016 model be the same car?
My friend leased one, AWD automatic coupe, 3 year lease, dead nuts reliable. Not a single glitch. Meanwhile, my 2016 GTI was constantly in the shop!

Perfect color too, love it! (Maybe I can add this to my list, now that I know 6MT was an option.....)
Yeah it would essentially be the same. The F36 got a facelift in 2017 so it would look slightly different but almost indistinguishable. Pretty sure the B58 got an update too for the later models.

My suggestion is, drive one. Beamers sell themselves once you sit behind the wheel.

FYI the car in the photo is not THE car I got, but it is identical in spec. Just posted the photo for reference as my car hasn't even arrived at the dealership yet.

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Ok, so I'm not up on BMW stuff, with regards to the B58, I heard that the Supra version had the engine front systems redesigned for simplicity/reliability, did that make it's way to these BMWs?

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, so I'm not up on BMW stuff, with regards to the B58, I heard that the Supra version had the engine front systems redesigned for simplicity/reliability, did that make it's way to these BMWs?
So the update you are referring to is the final one which applies to the Supra and all the G chassis BMWs. That was in 2019. So all F36 4-series unfortunately did not get that update. Consequently they make 355hp instead of 382hp like the Supra, but when it comes to reliability, they are all super strong. If we keep it real, the 2019+ B58 really hasn't even had enough time to prove its "improved reliability", most of the data backing up the B58 reliability comes from the older variations since they've been around for a while (2015+).

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Can't wait to pick her up. Estoril Blue Metallic exterior with Red leather inside. 😍 A set of matte black rims and we are good to go.

118486571.jpg
Estoril w/red is perfect. Looks like they were still using Coral Red, which is what I have, and it never gets old. You getting a F32 or F36?

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Estoril w/red is perfect. Looks like they were still using Coral Red, which is what I have, and it never gets old. You getting a F32 or F36?
Mines an F32. My friend has an F36 Grand Coupe and honestly if you need a 4 door just get a 3-series. My G20 was way more comfortable in the back than his F36.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Like yeah I'm in the market for a 6MT twin turbo two seater, but since it's not available let me get your finest Nissan Leaf :rolleyes:
Funny that you should mention something like that!

A dealer in Brisbane Australia posted this on Facebook about a guy trading in his R34 GTR V Spec II for a Nissan Leaf!

https://www.facebook.com/EagersNissan/

Before anyone goes WTF why would you do that, it is just a marketing campaign lol. The R34 GTR is just on display at this dealership and happens to be in the background of the photo of this guy taking delivery of his Leaf lol.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Funny that you should mention something like that!

A dealer in Brisbane Australia posted this on Facebook about a guy trading in his R34 GTR V Spec II for a Nissan Leaf!

https://www.facebook.com/EagersNissan/

Before anyone goes WTF why would you do that, it is just a marketing campaign lol. The R34 GTR is just on display at this dealership and happens to be in the background of the photo of this guy taking delivery of his Leaf lol.
Hahaha thank you for including the last bit, I was about to lose faith in humanity 🤣

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Can't wait to pick her up. Estoril Blue Metallic exterior with Red leather inside. 😍 A set of matte black rims and we are good to go.

118486571.jpg
Oh that is a pretty hot color combo. Best of luck

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I dunno man, I'm personally waiting for the bubble to finish popping before I get something.

IMO this is the absolute worst time to buy, relief is just around the corner (~6 mos)
I would too but a well-maintained, manual, low milage 440i that's spec'd exactly to my taste is a rarity, so a couple grand extra is not a dealbreaker for me.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I dunno man, I'm personally waiting for the bubble to finish popping before I get something.

IMO this is the absolute worst time to buy, relief is just around the corner (~6 mos)
I don't know how much relief there will be, but there will definitely be a settling.....
Probably not going to be exactly what we are hoping for, but you're right, I'm already seeing things come down a bit....

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I don't know how much relief there will be, but there will definitely be a settling.....
Probably not going to be exactly what we are hoping for, but you're right, I'm already seeing things come down a bit....
This is only the tip of the iceberg, repos are booming and auctions are trickling inventory out slowly as to not cause a market crash......but they only have so much lot space so that's only going to keep up for so long.

Waiting right now does more than save you a "couple" thousand, it'll save you 10k+ in some cases.... especially on something like a non M BMW