Storage Space & Practicality

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Interesting. This should be doable on the new Z as well then.

EDIT: The only issue though would be the amp in the back for the Performance trim. Unless you don't care for that and remove it, but then you're stereo system will sound horrendous.
You can relocate the amp.
My Q60 has a similar amplifier in the same location. It can be moved forward as the harness comes from the front. Just need to find a new ground point.

Gremluc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Kia stinger
You can relocate the amp.
My Q60 has a similar amplifier in the same location. It can be moved forward as the harness comes from the front. Just need to find a new ground point.
Could you also mount a spare in this space. Thanks Lou

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Could you also mount a spare in this space. Thanks Lou
I don't see why not as the space underneath should be the same as the 370. Even if they removed the mounting post that helps hold the spare in place, which seems unlikely since the sub appears to use the same plastic wheel+bolt that screws into that post, you could weld/add something similar. I'm guessing it looks the same as this when everything is removed.

creating-a-custom-trunk-enclosure-in-a-370z.jpg

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Didn't Nissan delete the spare in the 370 in it's later years?......I know after either 2016 or 2018 they actually started deleting options (side marker signals) and mixing them around (Bluetooth on base, new crappy head unit, interior trunk popper)

Gremluc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Kia stinger
I don't see why not as the space underneath should be the same as the 370. Even if they removed the mounting post that helps hold the spare in place, which seems unlikely since the sub appears to use the same plastic wheel+bolt that screws into that post, you could weld/add something similar. I'm guessing it looks the same as this when everything is removed.

creating-a-custom-trunk-enclosure-in-a-370z.jpg
Thankyou for the info. Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda beater
I wasn't joking when I said there's not much room. ? Trust me when I tell you people this car is not for long road trips or vacations. Far from practical and if you're a family person I'd suggest having another daily driver.
Can you fit a carry on? I think that's the best litmus test of taking an overnight road trip.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Can you fit a carry on? I think that's the best litmus test of taking an overnight road trip.
Carry-on are no problem, 2 or more is doable
This is true. 2 if not 3 should fit in the trunk, may not be able to see out the rear with 3 though. There is SOME space behind the seats, but it's like barely enough space to fit a small duffle bag. I have a small emergency road side kit behind my driver seat and it takes up substantial space. I'll post a pick here next time I get out to my car.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Small emergency roadside kit on one side, and something like a computer bag/briefcase on the other is what I envisioned being able to fit, so great to hear that's possible.

Imagine being able to fit a bike wheel in the trunk is possible too, yeah? Jut thinking if the better half needs our current car (that has a hitch for the bike rack), I could still drive to a ride and use something like a SeaSucker for the bike on the trunk.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Small emergency roadside kit on one side, and something like a computer bag/briefcase on the other is what I envisioned being able to fit, so great to hear that's possible.

Imagine being able to fit a bike wheel in the trunk is possible too, yeah? Jut thinking if the better half needs our current car (that has a hitch for the bike rack), I could still drive to a ride and use something like a SeaSucker for the bike on the trunk.
Here's some pics of how my 370Z trunk space usually looks. The new Z is exactly the same. Something to note is the privacy shield; the new Z should have one as well, at least for the Performance trim. Someone posted a picture of the new Z's trunk earlier; I circled where the privacy shield installs. There's a small compartment space that opens and closes behind the passenger seat, but not the driver seat in the 370Z. I assume the new Z is the same as well. Also I double checked the spare wheel and it is NOT a full size spare. I thought it was but I was wrong. But as you can see the spare is under the bose amp which sits under the trunk liner.

2023 z trunk.jpg

IMG_0649.JPEG

IMG_0647.JPEG

IMG_0645.JPEG

IMG_0650.JPEG

370z passenger compartment.png

IMG_0648.JPEG