First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
My light has a rubber spacer keeping it off the bumper.
75CE9EAA-4704-405E-A5E7-970BD1D588DE.jpeg
Went out and checked my lights yesterday - mine has the same thing, little rubber spacers between the lights and the paint.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Went out and checked my lights yesterday - mine has the same thing, little rubber spacers between the lights and the paint.
I think this will be on alot of the cars with a build date in FEB/MAR 22.This will only be a temporary fix eventually the paint will rub off.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think this will be on alot of the cars with a build date in FEB/MAR 22.This will only be a temporary fix eventually the paint will rub off.
Why Feb March build dates…they know there is an issue now, it should be fixed now for any future builds

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Yes, I got that as well. There is a rubber spacing

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Maybe. Mine is a March 22 build and had rubber spacers

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Why Feb March build dates…they know there is an issue now, it should be fixed now for any future builds
Because these were the first batch of cars built and held for almost a year before being released,I suspect more issues will show up on these build dates.Going foward with pre order fills hopefully starting soon, these issues should be rectified.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I got the call today from my dealer that my Proto has the Manual Trans Recall and Am now scheduled to have the trans replaced on Monday next week. Took delivery on 9/08/22 and took them this long to get the part in after the initial stop sale on manuals. At least they are getting there. Personally didn't have an issue with the trans at anytime.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I got the call today from my dealer that my Proto has the Manual Trans Recall and Am now scheduled to have the trans replaced on Monday next week. Took delivery on 9/08/22 and took them this long to get the part in after the initial stop sale on manuals. At least they are getting there. Personally didn't have an issue with the trans at anytime.
Good they're addressing the issue even though you're not experiencing driveability problems. They will replace the entire transmission? Take note of the current serial number. I wonder if they're fixing production number batches up to a certain point. Hope it's a painless experience for you once the Z is in the shop. Good luck.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
This was a while back, but people were pointing out the same issue on the Proto Z.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
how many miles have you put on it so far? any spirited driving to work the tranny?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good they're addressing the issue even though you're not experiencing driveability problems. They will replace the entire transmission? Take note of the current serial number. I wonder if they're fixing production number batches up to a certain point. Hope it's a painless experience for you once the Z is in the shop. Good luck.
Yes I was told they are replacing the tranny.

Last edited:

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
how many miles have you put on it so far? any spirited driving to work the tranny?
I have almost 1300 miles on it. It’s in the garage now resting till spring. Really enjoy the car:) I checked the paint etc in areas noted by others on here and don’t see any blemishes whatsoever. Seems really well built to me. And yes I have had some very spirited driving😳. Ran it close or redline multiple times, got it to 132mph. Smooth but it needs other tires.The back end drops out easily and loses traction at takeoff. I have a set of Conti Extreme contacts and am waiting on my Watanabe s from Japan to put them on before I share the results. Also replacing the exhaust. It’s to whisper quiet for me!

Last edited: