Start of factory orders

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
ok probably different trains then lol I thought ours might be sharing a ride!
I’m leaving it at the dealership for 2 weeks, as I thought that they would like to show it to prospective buyers. In the mean time they will install the new Michelin pilots, and interior/exterior lighting kits. As they are not marking up the price of the car, and gave me first dibs on the Z. They have been really good to me. :)

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I’m leaving it at the dealership for 2 weeks, as I thought that they would like to show it to prospective buyers. In the mean time they will install the new Michelin pilots, and interior/exterior lighting kits. As they are not marking up the price of the car, and gave me first dibs on the Z. They have been really good to me. :)

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Spoke too soon. Got bumped 2 days
Screenshot_20230330-230310.png
So close you can taste it lol. Mine will be at the dealership for another 2 days. They are putting on the Pilot 4S’s that I got for it. Also the splash guards, and interior/exterior lighting. Was going to leave it there for them to show, but GM wanted it off the lot as soon as possible. As he doesn’t want others to come, and want to buy one, as mine is the only one he can get. Can’t wait to get behind the wheel 😁

PlanoJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RR Sport
New to the party here, few questions: Can we order a Z? And when will supply catch up as to not need to order one ?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
New to the party here, few questions: Can we order a Z? And when will supply catch up as to not need to order one ?

welcome!

for the US Z's cannot currently be factory ordered. a dealer gets an allocation and then that dealer gets sent what nissan wants to send them. they really have no say either in the matter. its been like this since last fall and I would expect we would need to wait and see what happens with the 2024 to even have a chance of this method changing.

so to get a Z right now you have to either take what your local dealer gets or do a long search nationwide to try to find one that fits your needs like many of us have had to do. not an ideal situation at all

Last edited:

PlanoJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RR Sport
welcome!

for the US Z's cannot currently be factory ordered. a dealer gets an allocation and then that dealer gets sent what nissan wants to send them. they really have no say either in the matter. its been like this since last fall and I would expect we would need to wait and see what happens with the 2024 to even have a chance of this method changing.

so to get a Z right now you have to either take what your local dealer gets or do a long search nationwide to try to find one that fits your needs like many of us have had to do. not an ideal situation at all
thanks Matt, less than ideal but at least I know now. Was hoping for late summer/fall for inventories to catch up, but that sounds like it maybe too optimistic.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
thanks Matt, less than ideal but at least I know now. Was hoping for late summer/fall for inventories to catch up, but that sounds like it maybe too optimistic.

my guess is best case scenario is the inventory gets sorted out enough to where a dealer can request a certain trim/color for a sold customer car and then Nissan tries to match it with whats incoming but right now even that's a no go because dealers are assigned a car while its on the way to the US. production will have to get to a level where dealers have multiple allocations a year for that to happen. This one and done is just a dealer being happy to get whatever they are sent as its their only shot at a Z

an actual factory order where you spec it out and wait 4 months just doesnt seem likely for with Nissan. its frustrating as I ordered a C8 vette for my dad last year and my brother just ordered a 2024 mustang. both cases the order was spec'ed down to the interior stitching and individual packages. With Nissan it seems totally randomized. I found my black Z by luck just hitting up dealers by email in cars.com.

there was a local dealer who I have a friendship with the owner for years. we tried and tried to get me a black Z to his store but no luck for almost a year. 2 weeks after I made the deal on my car elsewhere he gets an allocation and it was a rosewood metallic so that would have been a no go even if I had waited on him

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
To give you some idea…there are some inAustralia where you CAN order that have been waiting for two years or longer for delivery….in the US it’s slightly different because you can’t order, so if a dealer has one they usually ( but not always) sell to the highest bidder.
I think it’s going to be at least another year before we see them in any great numbers

PlanoJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RR Sport
Awesome. Looking forward to my future Z made in the great country of Japan. Might be waiting a while more.