Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
After:

IMG_2479-1.jpg

IMG_2483.JPG

Ceramic coating is going on next...

So far, I'm pretty happy with the results, and a little irked that it looks like dealer (could it have been like this from the factory?) used a pretty coarse compound when prepping the car.

Also having the crappy armor all application removed.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
After:

IMG_2479-1.jpg

IMG_2483.JPG

Ceramic coating is going on next...

So far, I'm pretty happy with the results, and a little irked that it looks like dealer (could it have been like this from the factory?) used a pretty coarse compound when prepping the car.

Also having the crappy armor all application removed.
Don't forget to touch up the paint on the part below the a pillar before ceramic coating unless that is just reflection.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't forget to touch up the paint on the part below the a pillar before ceramic coating unless that is just reflection.
Thanks, it's just a reflection. I haven't suffered the hood paint chipping issue (I speculate) because it's been pretty cool in in San Diego.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Nissan originally *ceramic coated over those marks as I found them on the black hatch right at the back and they matched the factory stickers. They have since buffed it back and redone the CC.
Agreed very hard to see and need to be looking a certain direction, should have seen the techs trying to get photos for Nissan Japans warranty claim.

*edit: CC=ceramic coating

Last edited:
OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm pretty sure two things happened to my car. No proof, of course.
  1. It probably had the 6MT issue, and it sat outside in the winter elements (Dec 22 build) waiting for a fix. With the shipping wrap on, the exposed clear coat that wasn't protected got damaged.
  2. The dealer "detailed" the car just before delivery, and caused a lot of circular scratches all over the car (hood, bumper, roof, hatch, etc.)
I didn't share this picture earlier. This is the before picture of the hatch deck (rear window towards the top, spoiler towards the bottom). It was just butchered. This is why you don't let the dealer touch your car. I probably should have driven it home in the shipping wrap.

IMG_2477.JPG

Anyway, it looks much better now. This is my first ceramic coating. Based on the praise for ceramic I've seen on this forum, it seems like it'll be a win.

Last edited:

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Nissan originally CC’d over those marks as I found them on the black hatch right at the back and they matched the factory stickers. They have since buffed it back and redone the CC.
Agreed very hard to see and need to be looking a certain direction, should have seen the techs trying to get photos for Nissan Japans warranty claim.

I don't think Nissan repainted the car.
Can't just simply spray clearcoat on a car without prepping the surface. Proper prep will remove these marks in a second as it requires scuffing up the surface.

The blemishes I see in this thread are on top of the clear either due to improper washing technique or nature and can be removed by polishing.

I suggest people join or lurk on a car detailing forum.
There is a lot to learn. And no... Simply washing/waxing is not detailing

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The blemishes I see in this thread are on top of the clear either due to improper washing technique or nature and can be removed by polishing.
Agree. This is what my detailer did.