rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Not feelin' it..
it may look better on a different color...
the spoiler hanging past the trunk lid looks weird to me.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
its the fact the spoiler looks huge and it goes straight across instead of flow with the back and slightly curving in

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Depends on if it’s dry carbon, which definitely shaves weight. If it’s wet carbon, it probably is heavier
With "dress up" CF, especially doors, hatches, hoods, etc, that are structural parts, they often retain the original metal framework, and will use fiberglass for the bulk of the surface and skin it with CF for appearance sake.

Generally, structural parts become heavier. I'm not sure about something like front fenders, it's possible those don't gain weight....

Fairlady_464r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37X
With "dress up" CF, especially doors, hatches, hoods, etc, that are structural parts, they often retain the original metal framework, and will use fiberglass for the bulk of the surface and skin it with CF for appearance sake.

Generally, structural parts become heavier. I'm not sure about something like front fenders, it's possible those don't gain weight....
Yeah Seibon’s dry carbon doors and shit are just the outer shell without any structural support built in. They expect you to have a roll cage because “off road use only”. Structural dry carbon stuff would have to be custom made and that = $$$$$$

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
The Z (just like the 370) has aluminum hood, doors, and hatch. I wonder how much weight you would be saving by changing all these panels, and it would be a major PITA to do so!

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
The Z (just like the 370) has aluminum hood, doors, and hatch. I wonder how much weight you would be saving by changing all these panels, and it would be a major PITA to do so!
Probably not a ton. I know the GR Corolla Circuit with the carbon fiber roof only saves a few ounces over the aluminum one...

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
i wanted to get the carbon lip they make for the supra but i keep reading that the fit is hit or miss i rather not spend 1400 bucks on a lip that im going to have to take to a body shop after to fix it to fit rightt
Yeah its hit or miss with Seibon. The first rear wing I got from them was cracked. I had to show proof of destruction before receiving a replacement.

-RJM

ACC6E657-B4C7-41EE-B000-51A8844413A8.jpeg

Last edited: