Screen protectors

shingo

First Name
Shingo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Anyone know of any companies that make screen protectors for the infotainment screen? I searched on Amazon, Google, even EBay and Etsy, but I can’t find anything.

OP
OP
shingo

shingo

First Name
Shingo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Oh sweet! Thank you for the reply, just ordered one 🙏

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Anyone know of any companies that make screen protectors for the infotainment screen? I searched on Amazon, Google, even EBay and Etsy, but I can’t find anything.
I think I saw some on aliexpress

OP
OP
shingo

shingo

First Name
Shingo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I ordered the screen protector off of XPEL because they were offering free shipping :)

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Xpel has one . It's listed on there site as part of the pre cut PPF for the Z.
Thanks for the tip, I ordered one. Hard to not give it a try at $13.

I'm not worried about protection against scratches, but I find the nature of the OEM panel to be annoyingly glossy, which allows significant reflection in many daylight lighting conditions, and readily displays fingerprints which makes the reflections worse. I'm hoping that the Expel protector is oleophobic enough to manage the fingerprints. I know from experience that I can mitigate the glare issues on the protector with some very fine steel wool.

Mr. Mac

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z® NISMO®
Thanks for the tip, I ordered one. Hard to not give it a try at $13.

I'm not worried about protection against scratches, but I find the nature of the OEM panel to be annoyingly glossy, which allows significant reflection in many daylight lighting conditions, and readily displays fingerprints which makes the reflections worse. I'm hoping that the Expel protector is oleophobic enough to manage the fingerprints. I know from experience that I can mitigate the glare issues on the protector with some very fine steel wool.
Co-sign on that. Definitely want a high quality matte/non-glare type film to control nasty reflections and fingerprints. Have always added such films to every one of my iPhones and iPads and found them to be indispensable.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Co-sign on that. Definitely want a high quality matte/non-glare type film to control nasty reflections and fingerprints. Have always added such films to every one of my iPhones and iPads and found them to be indispensable.
I bought the Xpel pre-cut display screen PPF. It's well-cut and accurate, and is as high-quality as one would expect from Xpel. It's not like a typical iPhone glass, it's just plain old Xpel PPF. Application is normal with some Rapid-Tac and a soft squeegee. The problem is that is as glossy as one could ever want from a PPF. It's not oleophobic...it shows fingerprints as clearly as the OEM screen and is every bit as reflective. IOW, it didn't accomplish what I'd hoped for. I'll get out some 0000 steel wool and see if that helps.

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Would a Matte PPF film work? It wouldnt be precut, or would Xpel make a precut version...

I dont mind the fingerprints, but it does look tacky after a while.