DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
As someone who lives in a plate state, that actually looks really good to me. Breaks up the grill and sensor nicely.
Sorry, missed your comment before I posted here - you may be right, but I'd have to see it with our plate on it. The particular plate colour / body colour combo in play may make a difference as to how inoffensive the plate looks.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I hope that's removable for those of us that don't require a front plate.
There are so many pics without it that it has to be an add-on. That would be a deal breaker for me if it was built in like that for all markets ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
There are so many pics without it that it has to be an add-on. That would be a deal breaker for me if it was built in like that for all markets ?
Looks like an add-on to me.

However, the process of installing it is probably some underpaid and high lot attendant using self-tapping screws.

I would suggest everyone request delivery without the front plate installed, and just install it yourself if it's required.

I've seen way too many botched plate installs!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Looks like an add-on to me.

However, the process of installing it is probably some underpaid and high lot attendant using self-tapping screws.

I would suggest everyone request delivery without the front plate installed, and just install it yourself if it's required.

I've seen way too many botched plate installs!
Front plate isn't required here so you don't see many dealers do it, but I still make sure to remind them just in case that if they drill the bumper they'll be replacing it or the deal is off lol

Still... could be worse...

1639180020148.png

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Front plate isn't required here so you don't see many dealers do it, but I still make sure to remind them just in case that if they drill the bumper they'll be replacing it or the deal is off lol

Still... could be worse...

1639180020148.png
??

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
A lot of stores in non-front plate states install the holders so they can mount their own advertising plate on it.

A short lot walk or website photo preview can inform you on who not to shop.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
1640017569231.png

This car appears to have the front plate holder installed from the factory. I really, really hope they're only doing this for testing purposes.

I don't need a front plate where I live and from what I've seen so far, the plate holder detracts from the overall looks.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
1640017569231.png

This car appears to have the front plate holder installed from the factory. I really, really hope they're only doing this for testing purposes.

I don't need a front plate where I live and from what I've seen so far, the plate holder detracts from the overall looks.
That's a JDM Z, being trailered in Japan. And it doesn't look like it's fresh out of the factory, it's without the plastic wheel covers and plastic film on the paint.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Thanks for the picture. Where I live front plates are mandatory so was curious to see. With a front plate mounted, in my opinion it will soften the look of the front grille…