Random Car News Thread

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Tesla recall

Personally I don’t think it should even be available on the car. People are taking the piss out of it, sleeping whilst it’s driving etc is unbelievable ….no matter how good the tech becomes people should always be ready to override it in case of a malfunction

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Personally I don’t think it should even be available on the car. People are taking the piss out of it, sleeping whilst it’s driving etc is unbelievable ….no matter how good the tech becomes people should always be ready to override it in case of a malfunction
Can't stop A.I.

It's coming.

IT'S HERE

icegif-1787.gif

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Can't stop A.I.

It's coming.

IT'S HERE

icegif-1787.gif
Maybe …but I can personally thumb my nose up at it.
Where we live we had a self automated bus that just went around the city river front…it was taken off the road just a month later because of GPS issues.
It only travels around 25kph and carries 11 people, the high cost was absolutely ridiculous
You can read about it here
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-31/driverless-bus-trialed-in-south-perth/7802976

QLD has also approved food deliveries by drone, and taxi services by air are expected to start in time for the commonwealth games.

I know tech is here….doesn’t mean I have to like it

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
This just makes things far worse for them.

The pandemic supply constraints caused parts suppliers to be picky about who they provide limited parts to.... and they'll choose Toyota and Honda over Nissan and Mitsubishi..... It's the reason Nissan is so far behind everyone else.....the vendors are playing favorites. And Nissan is not a favorite.

Unless parts suppliers can suddenly make more than enough parts for every manufacturer, Nissan will continue to be begging for scraps.