Please add ventilated seats to the performance package ….

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
Ventilated vs. cooled seats. They are different.

My Maxima has cooled seats and are 'the best'. My Porsche and Corvette have ventilated seats which aren't really that great - in my opinion. As far as a Porsche having ventilated seats as standard, no way. Very few luxury items come standard on a Porsche. Its always an 'add on' usually with what they call their Premium Plus package which has a bunch of other stuff thrown in.

All that being said, it would still be nice to have a ventilated seat option in the new Z. Even better would be true cooled seats like in some of the other Nissans.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I have a maxima as well. Yes cooooooled seats …

baserunner

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon, 350Z Roadster, R8, M4, 718 CS, 992 911CS4
Occupation
CFO

My Maxima has cooled seats and are 'the best'. My Porsche and Corvette have ventilated seats which aren't really that great - in my opinion. As far as a Porsche having ventilated seats as standard, no way. Very few luxury items come standard on a Porsche. Its always an 'add on' usually with what they call their Premium Plus package which has a bunch of other stuff thrown in.

All that being said, it would still be nice to have a ventilated seat option in the new Z. Even better would be true cooled seats like in some of the other Nissans.

Yes … cooled seats the best … it has air conditioning cold air hitting your butt …

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Why settle. Add it to the performance package. No one is gonna drive this in snow. We rather have ventilated than heated.
I for one probably would have driven it year round. I just don't see the point in buying a beater car or truck and having it sit 9 months out of the year taking up space and then having to do maintenance on it and insuring it, ect. But I went with the Challenger 1320 instead of the Z (maybe should have waited for the production model as I really like it, but oh well too late now). It should be arriving shortly. I'm thinking it will get around better than the Z would in the white stuff anyway. I already picked me up a nice used set of wheels with snow tires too.

Really, I had no idea they actually had "cooled" seats. Do you know which cars have them? I'm assuming it would be more luxury oriented cars, but even for a performance car I think the ventilated seats are a must anymore at least if they have leather seats.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I for one probably would have driven it year round. I just don't see the point in buying a beater car or truck and having it sit 9 months out of the year taking up space and then having to do maintenance on it and insuring it, ect. But I went with the Challenger 1320 instead of the Z (maybe should have waited for the production model as I really like it, but oh well too late now). It should be arriving shortly. I'm thinking it will get around better than the Z would in the white stuff anyway. I already picked me up a nice used set of wheels with snow tires too.

Really, I had no idea they actually had "cooled" seats. Do you know which cars have them? I'm assuming it would be more luxury oriented cars, but even for a performance car I think the ventilated seats are a must anymore at least if they have leather seats.
This x 1000

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Yeah I know, I thought ventilated seats were the same as cooled. But what I meant was somebody had mentioned actual air conditioned seats using cooler air and not just fans and that is something I didn't know existed or not. I mean I could see it in a high dollar luxury car possibly.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.

baserunner

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon, 350Z Roadster, R8, M4, 718 CS, 992 911CS4
Occupation
CFO
… if Q has it, then Z should have it as an option …

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
I have cooled seats in my Ram. Makes a big difference.

I live in Maine and still would have preferred cooled over heated. This is a summer car!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have cooled seats in my Ram. Makes a big difference.

I live in Maine and still would have preferred cooled over heated. This is a summer car!
Out of interest how long do they take to cool?
Is it like your AC that takes time to work or is it instantaneous
If it takes time I don’t see the appeal because by the time it works your AC has cooled the whole cabin.
Being from West Aus we have some of the driest hottest summers …Christmas ever was 41 degrees Celsius last year ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
If it takes time I don’t see the appeal because by the time it works your AC has cooled the whole cabin.
Being from West Aus we have some of the driest hottest summers …Christmas ever was 41 degrees Celsius last year ?
Seats make your back sweat, even when the AC is full force, because you are trapping heat between your back and the seat surface and preventing evaporation. Worse with leather. Ventilated seats work by blowing/pulling air in that area that traps the heat and sweat. Creating a chilling effect by helping evaporate the sweat and moving air.
In the vehicles I've been in (newer Escalade and CTS) it takes forever to feel the effect.
Some cars are better, and people love them if they are effective.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I rented a car a couple years back that had cooled seats. You feel the cold air on your backside almost immediately, well before the cabin temps start to drop.