Sponsored

Passenger heated seat not working 2025 Performance

Apex_Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
143
Reaction score
232
Location
North Orlando
Car(s)
2025 Z Performance, 1950 Chevy Styleline, 1920's ratrod
Occupation
Engineer
Just got the car. (New) Wife used the heated seat on the passenger side on the way home from the dealer on the high setting and it worked great. Next time out, she turned it on and it got warm, then stopped working (high setting). The low setting seems to work still but is much less effective. Is their a known issue? The high setting seems to not work at all now.

I searched the forum and didn't find much aside from learning that the seat heater operates on a thermostat and isn't constantly on. That doesn't seem like what this is though, as the heater on my side works on both high and low settings. Any info is appreciated, I plan to bring it up to the dealer at my first oil change in a few weeks.
 
Last edited:

Drago86

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
255
Reaction score
277
Location
California
Car(s)
Z
First thought would be to check the plug going to the seat for the seat heater, it should be one of the plugs with white housings near the front bottom of the seat. Be careful with the plug with the yellow housing and do not unplug it with the battery connected, its for the airbag.

Next thought would be the seat heater relay which, unfortunately is buried in the dash.


If it's still under warranty you could bring it to the dealer and have them figure it out, if it's not something simple like the plug.


Does the light on the switch light up when you toggle it? If not the switch could have just come unplugged also....

1757105411094-j2.png
 
OP
OP
Apex_Z

Apex_Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
143
Reaction score
232
Location
North Orlando
Car(s)
2025 Z Performance, 1950 Chevy Styleline, 1920's ratrod
Occupation
Engineer
First thought would be to check the plug going to the seat for the seat heater, it should be one of the plugs with white housings near the front bottom of the seat. Be careful with the plug with the yellow housing and do not unplug it with the battery connected, its for the airbag.

Next thought would be the seat heater relay which, unfortunately is buried in the dash.


If it's still under warranty you could bring it to the dealer and have them figure it out, if it's not something simple like the plug.


Does the light on the switch light up when you toggle it? If not the switch could have just come unplugged also....

1757105411094-j2.png
Yeah the light comes on. I will check the plug. The car better still be under warranty, it's only a week old!
 

Leroy819

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
48
Reaction score
53
Location
Canada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z - Yellow 6MT
Occupation
Mechanic
Just got the car. (New) Wife used the heated seat on the passenger side on the way home from the dealer on the high setting and it worked great. Next time out, she turned it on and it got warm, then stopped working (high setting). The low setting seems to work still but is much less effective. Is their a known issue? The high setting seems to not work at all now.

I searched the forum and didn't find much aside from learning that the seat heater operates on a thermostat and isn't constantly on. That doesn't seem like what this is though, as the heater on my side works on both high and low settings. Any info is appreciated, I plan to bring it up to the dealer at my first oil change in a few weeks.
Are you sure it's actually not working? Try the heated seat when it's cold out and without blasting the heat inside the car.

I noticed something similar with my Driver side seat. As far as I can tell, these are modern heated seats and they do an initial warm up if the ambient temp is cool and then they slowly cool down to maintain a 'warm' feeling. These are nothing like the 90s Japanese heated seats that cooked you if you left them on. I leave mine on all the time with the AC turned on and randomly I will notice it gets warm and then cools off.

My newer Kia mentioned this in the owner's manual and I work with a lot of equipment that works the same way. John Deere has a service bulletin that instructs the dealer to tell the customer they use smart heated seats and it's normal for it to cool off after it reaches 21C. Only meant for the cold morning start up.

If you do take it to the dealer, please post the results. This is one of the few things I dislike about this car.
 
OP
OP
Apex_Z

Apex_Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
143
Reaction score
232
Location
North Orlando
Car(s)
2025 Z Performance, 1950 Chevy Styleline, 1920's ratrod
Occupation
Engineer
Are you sure it's actually not working? Try the heated seat when it's cold out and without blasting the heat inside the car.

I noticed something similar with my Driver side seat. As far as I can tell, these are modern heated seats and they do an initial warm up if the ambient temp is cool and then they slowly cool down to maintain a 'warm' feeling. These are nothing like the 90s Japanese heated seats that cooked you if you left them on. I leave mine on all the time with the AC turned on and randomly I will notice it gets warm and then cools off.

My newer Kia mentioned this in the owner's manual and I work with a lot of equipment that works the same way. John Deere has a service bulletin that instructs the dealer to tell the customer they use smart heated seats and it's normal for it to cool off after it reaches 21C. Only meant for the cold morning start up.

If you do take it to the dealer, please post the results. This is one of the few things I dislike about this car.
I just tested it. It does "work", just not like anyone who uses a seat heater would want it to work, lol.
 

thesilverbullet

Well-Known Member
First Name
Silver
Joined
Jun 16, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
832
Reaction score
833
Location
Clemson
Car(s)
‘25 PRFM M/T
Occupation
EE
heated seats in Florida summer time?
 
OP
OP
Apex_Z

Apex_Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
143
Reaction score
232
Location
North Orlando
Car(s)
2025 Z Performance, 1950 Chevy Styleline, 1920's ratrod
Occupation
Engineer
Ok - that a good reason for sure.
Luckily the seats are super comfortable. We were both surprised at how supportive and cushy they are. Usually that combo is hard to find in a sports car seat.
 

Leroy819

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
48
Reaction score
53
Location
Canada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z - Yellow 6MT
Occupation
Mechanic
I just tested it. It does "work", just not like anyone who uses a seat heater would want it to work, lol.
Yeah, unfortunately I think it is designed this way. I miss my old Toyota Camry that cooked you within 5 minutes and I had people wondering why they were sweating so much just sitting there not realizing it was turned on.
 
 






Top