First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Patience is a virtue. But I understand I've been looking around too and looking at the prices people asking right now... meh I can wait it seems like a terrible time to buy a car.
Well the rebates and inventory is going down, but the trade in values are way up. If I could find a car on the lot that is acceptable, I would be golden, but I can't seem to find one with the exact options I want so I may have to order. The one dealer with the best discount wants a 1k non-refundable deposit though and I'm not sure I want to do that at the moment.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well the rebates and inventory is going down, but the trade in values are way up. If I could find a car on the lot that is acceptable, I would be golden, but I can't seem to find one with the exact options I want so I may have to order. The one dealer with the best discount wants a 1k non-refundable deposit though and I'm not sure I want to do that at the moment.
Do you guys not hav3 any laws that makes it impossible for them not to refund a deposit if item is not as described? How long do your contracts legally last?
In Aus I had to put a $4000 deposit down ($6000 US) BUT, contract only last for three months, so by the time orders commence Its not binding, so by law a refund must be completed within 30 days.
Also Nissan Aus sets the prices and dealers are not permitted to sell above that price.
So I put my name down, I know my dealer has three coming and I was the second ...and that was 4 weeks ago now.
I reckon the initial Aus stock will be gone before the books open legitimately

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Do you guys not have any laws that makes it impossible for them not to refund a deposit if item is not as described?
LOL... This is America were talking about land of the free home of the scam. I honestly don't know but I'm pretty sure they can take your money and run.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
West Aussie, sorry u have this problem regarding a refundable deposit . gotta be some way to solve your problem

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
West Aussie, sorry u have this problem regarding a refundable deposit . gotta be some way to solve your problem
No ...you read it the wrong way...I do have an option of a full refund, laws in Aus are pretty water tight.
I was just inquiring as to what happens in the US as it seems your dealers can set their own prices, and string out receiving your refund if you don’t agree with the pricing.

But thanks for the concern, I was happy to put a deposit down knowing worst case scenario it would be back in my bank within 30 days

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
dealers in the US hold deposit based on what you get them to agree to in writing. For me i give 500-1000 deposit fully refundable , once cars locks in then the deposit isn't refundable which is acceptable to me

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Lordy lord two steps forward three steps back am I right fellas lol

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Retooling is underway now at the Tochigi Plant, USDM production begins January 3rd, 2022.

We could start to see these in the showrooms as early as Feb/Mar of '22
I saw that production date on a YouTube comment somewhere also. You confirming it makes it more likely to be true.

Can't wait!!!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Retooling is underway now at the Tochigi Plant, USDM production begins January 3rd, 2022.

We could start to see these in the showrooms as early as Feb/Mar of '22
Have to say I’m disappointed... my dealer had the first stock arriving late December early January...but hey I suppose two months extra won’t break the deal

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
It’s good to have an actual date, but I’m sure this is still subject to change. Fingers crossed we get an actual production model reveal soon with this date announced. Thanks for the update.