Orders Open on 11/15/21 for 2022 Nissan Z

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
OK, so the fall foliage in the Nissan Z video related to when orders will open, makes sense.

As for how long to get a car after orders open, plan for a long time, and hope for better.

I believe the new Bronco orders have been open for nearly a year so far, and no Broncos have been delivered yet. Seems like a solid 12 months from today before you'd likely even see these at a dealer.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
OK, so the fall foliage in the Nissan Z video related to when orders will open, makes sense.

As for how long to get a car after orders open, plan for a long time, and hope for better.

I believe the new Bronco orders have been open for nearly a year so far, and no Broncos have been delivered yet. Seems like a solid 12 months from today before you'd likely even see these at a dealer.
Bronco has had A LOT of problems my parents have one ordered and it's still looking like they're going to be waiting a while especially after this chip shortage fiasco. But the Z I think has the advantage of having known about all this, if no setbacks happen I'm thinking 6 months after you order but that's wishful thinking. So we are going to be waiting a full year or more for this ?.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I could be wrong.....
I don't think Nissan takes orders from customers.

The dealership can order cars, but it's usually for allotments. A customer can work something out with an independent dealer to have dibs on a car, but there's no agreement between Nissan and a customer.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Has anyone hear anything from your Nissan dealers?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm trying to figure out when Nissan changed their stance on pre-orders in the US.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
no word...need to call them.

we may go another route. showed my wife several vids of the lotus emira and she really likes it...

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'm trying to figure out when Nissan changed their stance on pre-orders in the US.
Same. Nothing from the handful of dealers I’ve been trying to maintain contact with, so the information bottleneck must be coming from above.

SEMA felt like a good time to announce, but now wondering if we will find out next month/early 2022 as speculation has pointed towards (pricing, etc.)

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Same. Nothing from the handful of dealers I’ve been trying to maintain contact with, so the information bottleneck must be coming from above.

SEMA felt like a good time to announce, but now wondering if we will find out next month/early 2022 as speculation has pointed towards (pricing, etc.)
A Nissan rep at the Miami Auto Show a couple weeks ago told me pricing should come out a month or two before it hits dealers. That probably means January or February. Perhaps orders will open around that time.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Same here, I asked about allocations and online ordering while at JCCS. Nothing concrete. Think all depends again on the supply chain. I’d hate to order then told build and delivery won’t be a year later. Same issue with Bronco, C8 etc. At least my Rivian R1T says January delivery. That’s optimistic too?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Again, Nissan has already stated there will be no consumer ordering.

Your dealer will choose the type and number of units from manufacturer inventory when they're assigned for production. If they don't have your requested unit, they can attempt a dealer trade with another store.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Again, Nissan has already stated there will be no consumer ordering.

Your dealer will choose the type and number of units from manufacturer inventory when they're assigned for production. If they don't have your requested unit, they can attempt a dealer trade with another store.
Best all of us to do right now is to build good relationship w your local dealer, a larger one hopefully to better your chances, no point in pushing demands on them. This might even help in getting closer to MSRP.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Best all of us to do right now is to build good relationship w your local dealer, a larger one hopefully to better your chances, no point in pushing demands on them. This might even help in getting closer to MSRP.
Exactly, even for us in Australia where official reservations have opened from Nissan Australia….you go in to the dealer and they really don’t have much of a clue. Just working off the media release in terms of what variants are available, but no idea on stock, price or arrival