First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Going thru all the threads, specs, and feedbacks, Nissan has plenty of time to hear us now that the production model has been revealed. Just wondering what each of us picked up as ONE most interesting feature, objective like the 400hp VR30DDTT, no CSC, or subjective like katana on black roof, headlight design, about the new Z.....and ONE disappointment that should be offered. Just ONE of each please, top of your list.

For me, the instrument function of the tach and shift light is it! Super useful on track.

As far as what Nissan goofed, no LSD option on the base Sport. Please offer as future?!

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...loped-with-input-from-nissan-race-driver.184/
Q: What advice did you give exactly?
Matsuda:
Our racecars are equipped with shift lights that indicate when to upshift when optimal rpm is reached. The light sequence usually goes from green to yellow to red, with red telling the driver to shift to the next gear. I told Tamura-san that I wanted to see this in the next Z.

I also wanted the redline on the tachometer to be at the top (at the 12-o’clock position), so when the shift light turns red it does so at the same time the tachometer needle is reaching redline. When you’re driving hard, the bottom area of the tachometer doesn’t come into view, but having that redline at the top near the shift light makes the needle easily visible at the most crucial time. This also makes it easier to avoid over revving, which can be harmful to your lap times and engine.

Nissan Z Proto demonstration meter display shown

Q: Why is having this system so important in racecars? Can’t you simply watch the tach needle?
Matsuda:
When racing, you’re usually carrying a lot of speed and your field of vision sometimes narrows. And if your eyes need to focus on different areas in the car, you might become a bit disoriented or distracted. By having the shift light and the tachometer placed in your field of vision, you can see when to upshift without having to take your eyes off the road.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
objective: love there is a manual option (i'm looking at you toyota)

subjective: awesome retro styling that pays homage to the past generation z's.

disappointment: the colors available are great...just wish we had the option to choose the black roof on all of them.

Last edited:

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Best new feature:
Competitive Japanese sports car. (Basically I love the styling, and the power/price numbers). Cause the GR86 isnt nearly fast enough for me, and I dont want to be the 10 millionth person with a mustang or Challenger. It looks cool and is fast & better for me than supra because manual & non german roots.

Dissapointment:
The only one that gets me at the moment is going with Bose for premium audio. So many other car companies are teaming up with great audio companies, and bose has been pushing subpar stuff for longer than I've been alive.
Also even though it doesn't exist yet a disappointment is the impending mark ups/lack of inventory so that I won't be able to buy one right away.

twlai

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2 Miata RF
Best feature:
6sp Manaul!! of course... :D this is not really a new feature, but more of a extinct feature!! I am glad nissan keep it!

Disappintment:
Am I the only one wish for a tan interior?? The black is borning, Red and Blue are too much, it won't age well!
A classic sport car need a tan interior!

I want to keep it for many year, this Z will surely become a classics in the future! :)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Am I the only one wish for a tan interior?? The black is borning, Red and Blue are too much, it won't age well!

I want to keep it for many year, this Z will surely become a classics in the future! :)
Nope, I can also go with tan leather, or better yet cinnamon like in BMWs

1631831362446.png

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Funny enough Nissan offered it on the 370Z early on but discontinued it at some point. I'd love to get this interior on the new Z as well.

Screenshot 2021-09-17 001250.png
never saw this before....looks killer

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
Funny enough Nissan offered it on the 370Z early on but discontinued it at some point. I'd love to get this interior on the new Z as well.

Screenshot 2021-09-17 001250.png
This isn't tan, it's orange (actual name is persimmon). My 370 is black with persimmon seats/inserts and I love it! I still wish I would have been able to find a blue Z but C'est la vie.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Best feature:
6sp Manaul!! of course... :D this is not really a new feature, but more of a extinct feature!! I am glad nissan keep it!

Disappintment:

Tan interior is for bland colors like white, gray, black. Red or cinnamon would look good with blue exterior, IMO.

Like you, I'm aiming for some bland color, white exterior with tan leather interior ...lol