AnalogMan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Subaru WRX, Mustang GT
As others have opined, the starting price for the base car lets Nissan say they squeaked in at 'under $40,000'. But $10,000 upcharge for the Premium package seems a little rich. Plus on top of that $1,700 for red paint?

The car still seems well worth it at those prices. It just leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I tried for about a year to buy a 2018/2019 370Z, but kept running into the buzzsaw of sleazy Nissan dealers. I just couldn't find one who would deal even semi-honestly. They all just had to play bait-and-switch pricing and other games. It finally disgusted me so much I bought a BRZ instead.

I've been hoping to get the new Z, but might have to wait a bit. With limited supplies, I can only imagine the ADM and other rapacious, shady games dealers will play with the new car, at least until supplies begin to catch up with demand. I can already envision the thread on 'dealer markups' coming.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I can't work out the colour codes for premium two-tone vs regular two-tone.

In Australia they're calling all colours premium other than rosewood.
Lol that's an effing ridiculous money grab. Charge extra for every colour anybody wants, they are going to sell about a dozen rosewoods a year. Better not do this in Canada.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This I do believe is a big difference between you guys and the Aus market.
So if you knew you could get a car at the MSRP price you’d buy ..yes?
Thats the situation we have.

So then my question to you is….is the hate for the price of the car really justfied? Or should that hate be reserved for the dealers who are really the ones putting it beyond reach?
Well, I'm probably an oddball, having never spent more than 17k USD on a vehicle. So I come to Z from that angle.

And given Z is a 2-seater, limited cargo capacity, part-year usage vehicle for me ... makes each 1k increase in price more significant. In terms of cost vs usage.

I would say 30k range, little question, I would have figured a way to get the Z. Getting into the 40k range, it becomes more of a question. And 50k range is a hard sell for me to justify, in terms of value/usage I'd get out of it.

Anyway, I consider the MSRPs right now, not worth the paper they are written on, in the USA at least. Suspect the 41k Sport price is not achievable in 2022, and maybe not in 2023. And after that, what will the MSRP be?

My main thing since joining the forum has always been, is this car even available, and realistically for a guy like me, when? I recall you've had time as a concern as well, having made an early reservation with a long wait? I'm actually looking forward to forum members like you getting a Z, as it should indicate things are finally moving along!

Only thing rising to hate maybe, are things like the mentioned 1k+ extra paint charge cash grabs, what's up with that. Or if this all goes sideways into a 2+ year limited supply big spender scene. That would not be cool.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Hmm, with these added costs for paint putting the Performance over $51k, I'm now looking at the Sport and upgrade from there. Really curious, starting to talk to vendors for coilovers, Quaife LSD, Brembo BBKs, etc, bet I can still get it way under the $10K upcharge. We will gladly install the bits.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hmm, with these added costs for paint putting the Performance over $51k, I'm now looking at the Sport and upgrade from there. Really curious, starting to talk to vendors for coilovers, Quaife LSD, Brembo BBKs, etc, bet I can still get it way under the $10K upcharge. We will gladly install the bits.
Any successful conversations will probably warrant a dedicated thread, as I'm sure you're not the only one thinking this. And I'd bet the vendors would love the customer funnel you would create for them.

Welp

In all seriousness, I am...kind of bummed. This wasn't the news I was hoping to wake up to this morning.

The only silver lining I could see here is this might (the MOST emphasis on might possible) deter ADMs.
I can't seem to shake this train of thought. I know MSRP is what is suggested for dealerships to sell them at, and of course it factors in profit for said dealership. So a part of me is wondering what invoice was set at, for dealers to buy them from Nissan. Wondering if the price for us includes some kind of buffer so dealerships are less incentivized to mark up beyond it?

If I'm taking crazy pills, tell me I'm taking crazy pills lol.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Any successful conversations will probably warrant a dedicated thread, as I'm sure you're not the only one thinking this. And I'd bet the vendors would love the customer funnel you would create for them.

I can't seem to shake this train of thought. I know MSRP is what is suggested for dealerships to sell them at, and of course it factors in profit for said dealership. So a part of me is wondering what invoice was set at, for dealers to buy them from Nissan. Wondering if the price for us includes some kind of buffer so dealerships are less incentivized to mark up beyond it?

If I'm taking crazy pills, tell me I'm taking crazy pills lol.
Hopefully they are smart enough to realise if they put a stupid ADM on it they won’t sell it ….I mean one can hope

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Hopefully they are smart enough to realise if they put a stupid ADM on it they won’t sell it ….I mean one can hope
I'm hoping too but that's not going to happen. I can see this thing going well over 60k in my area. If I'm lucky enough to find one at msrp...I'm jumping on it. I don't care what the color is.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm hoping too but that's not going to happen. I can see this thing going well over 60k in my area. If I'm lucky enough to find one at msrp...I'm jumping on it. I don't care what the color is.
I will cross my fingers and toes for you….I think from what you guys have said, the dealers are abhorrent, and pretty much ripping you off
I know you guys have explained, but I still dint get how they get away with it…it’s despicable.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i just saw a post on fb they gave a few questions to dan about the aftermath and we basically wanted the z to be 50k from there research

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
This is my thought process as well. Easier to stomach swapping the stock 18 wheels unlike the RAYS. It will be a fun project to uprgade each paycheck. The only drawback is the interior. The sport seats are gross.. would you pick some off a wrecked performance? Or buy buckets?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
This is my thought process as well. Easier to stomach swapping the stock 18 wheels unlike the RAYS. It will be a fun project to uprgade each paycheck. The only drawback is the interior. The sport seats are gross.. would you pick some off a wrecked performance? Or buy buckets?
I'm planning to buy aftermarket Recaros, heck if the Nismo 370Z Recaros fit I can happily deal with that. They do have the belt slots which I need. The stock Rays are just OK IMO, nothing special, I can find lighter forged or flow formed wheels out there.

After all these are done, I'll have a unique customized Sport ready to go. Bet some of these upgrades will make a lighter Z package anyway. The big plus is, aftermarket is mostly all there already.

And maybe dealers care less about ADMs on the lowly Sport hah, easier buy?!

Last edited:

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
the only thing im worried about now is the interest rates skyrocketing now
To get around that, compute your payment with your desired rate. Take your current rate payment, subtract your desired rate payment, and add the sum of that to your actual payment. You'll get your "effective" rate over the life of your loan because the interest is calculated on a descending loan balance.

If you pay more on principal each month, you'll pay less interest overall.

Payment at 4.99% = 547.67
Payment at 1.99% = 517.67
Add $30 to your 547.67 payment each month to pay an effective rate of 1.99% over the life of the loan.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
To get around that, compute your payment with your desired rate. Take your current rate payment, subtract your desired rate payment, and add the sum of that to your actual payment. You'll get your "effective" rate over the life of your loan because the interest is calculated on a descending loan balance.

If you pay more on principal each month, you'll pay less interest overall.

Payment at 4.99% = 547.67
Payment at 1.99% = 517.67
Add $30 to your 547.67 payment each month to pay an effective rate of 1.99% over the life of the loan.
man ive been doing the rates at 5.9 just incase lol