Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

spyderdrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Kia Forte SX Koup, 2021 Kia Sorento SX
Wouldn't be surprising, but someone, someday, will crack the code.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
Yeah they said something about bench flashing and apparently this is the new norm for newer cars coming out now.
Not sure why it's like that

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
Yeah you got a point, I'm sure the new GR86 and BRZ will also be very tuner friendly as well.
I think it might just be a European thing, i did some more reading on the Supra thread and they talked about using Bosch's new ECU which apparently affects BMWs and Audis and probably other European brands; The Toyota Supra is affected because we all know it's a BMW.

Hopefully they can get a tuning solution or can figure out how to crack it on their side and I hope the Z won't have that problem.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yeah you got a point, I'm sure the new GR86 and BRZ will also be very tuner friendly as well.
I think it might just be a European thing, i did some more reading on the Supra thread and they talked about using Bosch's new ECU which apparently affects BMWs and Audis and probably other European brands; The Toyota Supra is affected because we all know it's a BMW.

Hopefully they can get a tuning solution or can figure out how to crack it on their side and I hope the Z won't have that problem.
It's a German thing that could become a more broader affected item. It all comes down to the ECU (BOSCH) in this case that is used. the 2018 S4s were just cracked recently (<1year ago), but its taken up until <6months for the tune to become "usable"/reliable. With the initial tune release, the ECU had to be taken out and sent to the tuner. This is the reason why the JB4 market is so big now with many more users wanting a flash at home process and easy install/deinstall.

Doubt this will be an issue with the JDM, but def a possibility.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
But about how much hp is it putting out?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
I think that's a fair assessment. The Supra will out perform it, but the Z is a heck of a lot cheaper.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I think that's a fair assessment. The Supra will out perform it, but the Z is a heck of a lot cheaper.
I hope so. I definitely plan (hope) to add one. The sticker on the Supra is pretty high and they are’s selling above sticker in some markets, but that’s the current craziness.

I was able to get my Supra pre-bubble for $48k and some change (car price excluding tax). If the Z’s $40kish price is ~43-44k AND that doesn’t include freight and my local doc fee then it gets tougher.

I’m one of those rare birds that likes both the Z a d Supra and wants both, warts and all. I’m just hoping for a good price.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
That seems really off. The Q60 does 0-60 in 4.4 sec and it is about 600 pounds heavier than the Z and has the old 7 speed while the Z will have the new 9 speed and be lighter . I'm expecting it to be thr same as the Supra when real world testing is done.
Is that with AWD?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
That seems really off. The Q60 does 0-60 in 4.4 sec and it is about 600 pounds heavier than the Z and has the old 7 speed while the Z will have the new 9 speed and be lighter . I'm expecting it to be thr same as the Supra when real world testing is done.
It can be hard to get the Supra to hook up off the line, that’s for sure.