First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
spotted where, and why was a zupr4 there? inquiring minds want to know...

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Wonder if this was the same time as the mountain drive sound clip that recently went around.

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
Wonder if this was the same time as the mountain drive sound clip that recently went around.
Yes, they were benchmarking with a Supra and another car (I want to say GR86, but could be wrong) from what I was told from the sender of the video.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Looks like a Vette in the background too.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Looks like a Vette in the background too.
Yeah, a base C6.....at first I thought it was a strange bedfellow but then the more I thought about it, the more it made sense.

Same footprint, same weight, RWD, 400-ish HP

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Definitely benchmarks. It’s somewhat sad to see the 400z compared to the 4.9 0-60 of the base c6 ngl

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Is that bad and what are the new Z's supposed to do? All I could muster was a 4.9 out of my stock 1320 and they are supposed to do about 3.8. I'm really disappointed, but of course I tried it on the fly with full air pressure and not the greatest conditions as the road was a little bumpy and it was in the low 30's which I'm sure is not ideal with the drag spec tires. My car is almost fully optioned too and I haven't even tried any of the drag pack goodies yet. Right now I'm looking to replace my wheels and tires for the winter so another attempt will have to wait until Spring. In contrast my 16 Mustang GT could do mid-4's all day long with everything stock and in most any condition.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Is that bad and what are the new Z's supposed to do? All I could muster was a 4.9 out of my stock 1320 and they are supposed to do about 3.8. I'm really disappointed, but of course I tried it on the fly with full air pressure and not the greatest conditions as the road was a little bumpy and it was in the low 30's which I'm sure is not ideal with the drag spec tires. My car is almost fully optioned too and I haven't even tried any of the drag pack goodies yet. Right now I'm looking to replace my wheels and tires for the winter so another attempt will have to wait until Spring. In contrast my 16 Mustang GT could do mid-4's all day long with everything stock and in most any condition.
I expect the Z to be marketed as either 4.2 or 4.3 0-60. It'll be interesting to see what independent testing shows.