Nissan Z roadster coming? What about a T-Top, Targa Top, or Shooting Brake?

What body style would you be interested in?

• Total voters

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I dont see Nissan making another roadster anytime soon. Wasnt sales for the droptop Z34 pretty low?
According to this site...

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/05/nissan-370z-roadster-gets-the-axe-as-company-focuses-on-the-coupe/

Nissan doesn’t break down coupe and convertible sales figures, but the 370Z Coupe was likely more popular with consumers as 2019 model started at $29,990. The Roadster, on the other hand, had a base price of $41,820 and was available exclusively with a seven-speed automatic transmission.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Even though we don't have official numbers of a break down I think it's safe to say the coupe handedly outsells the roadster. For every ten Zs I see on the road I think only like one is a vert.

TundraKing

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Roadster
Nissan never expected to sell the Roadster model in significant quantities. The 350Z and corresponding drop top version (which was a horrific adaptation of the 350 coupe) had an even larger sales gap than the 370 did and they still introduced a 370 Roadster in 2010 (which was far more attractive than the 350 Roadster ever was) after knowing all that. If Nissan is serious about going more "up market" with the 400 and claiming to compete for customers of the Porsche 718, Jaguar F type, BMW Z4 etc... it will have to offer a Roadster within a year or two. The incremental costs are not significant and it extends the cars appeal to attract potential buyers of either version.

But who knows ... Nissan as not been very supportive of the Z since the 370 was released and its decision to abandon sales of the new Z in Europe is not a good sign.

ToZornottoZ

First Name
HeinZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Eos
I dont see Nissan making another roadster anytime soon. Wasnt sales for the droptop Z34 pretty low?
I think sales in general, regardless of model, were heading in that direction. It appeared the car needed updates all the way around, and it appears Nissan may have hit the nail on the head with this one. Build a roadster and I bet they won't have a problem selling em ... and I'll be helping that movement out! T's or targa's... no thank you. They look good but just not convenient or practical IMO.

Screenshot_20210715-170830_Chrome.jpg

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Since the Z35 is really more of a Z34.5 it wouldn't take much at all for a convertible.

Sadly there's no talk of a convertible in the cards right now, that's not to say it'll never come but.......right now things look Coupe only.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
It's 11 months old but here you go.

https://www.motor1.com/news/444233/nissan-400z-not-coming-europe/

He went on to mention a roadster has not been green-lighted for production just yet – “it is still up for debate.” Hiroshi Tamura did say sporty convertibles such as the 300ZX and 370Z represent what the “Z” is all about, thus hinting a droptop 400Z (or whatever it will be called) could be in the works.