95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
The original Z proto was a pretty good preview of the production Z. So I think the Customized Proto will be also be good precursor for the upcoming Nismo version.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
We've all come to love (or at least accept) the large grille. Aside from the fact that it's par for the course these days, videos like Hagerty's have shown that the grille actually works well (aesthetically speaking), especially when in motion.
I concur, Dr.

The new fascia has grown on me, though I confess that it doesn't always photograph well. One thing that too many photographers continually do is take these low angle straight-on or front 3/4 shots that are arguably the most unflattering to the grille shape - when standing at one's full height (assuming one is over 5ft tall, let's say), the squareness of it is significantly less pronounced.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I concur, Dr.

The new fascia has grown on me, though I confess that it doesn't always photograph well. One thing that too many photographers continually do is take these low angle straight-on or front 3/4 shots that are arguably the most unflattering to the grille shape - when standing at one's full height (assuming one is over 5ft tall, let's say), the squareness of it is significantly less pronounced.
Bingo - another reason to dislike the C&D pieces, they did not know how to photograph the car well. Motortrend's piece did a much better job at this.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Story is from April '22

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...car-unveiled-will-race-next-month-187580.html

With Brembo 6 pots up front and a mesh grille.

2023-nissan-z-nismo-racing-car-unveiled-will-race-next-month_1.jpg

2023-nissan-z-nismo-racing-car-unveiled-will-race-next-month_3.jpg

2023-nissan-z-nismo-racing-car-unveiled-will-race-next-month_2.jpg
I could see some of these changes being upgrades that the NISMO receives, definitely. I don't know if they necessarily will be altering the shape of the grille (that camo could easily be misdirection), but I can certainly see it going to a mesh covering rather than the slats. That plus the brakes, a different spoiler (not this one, for god's sake), lightweight wheels with a different stagger, and the heat extractors on the bonnet, it all makes sense.

Let's hope it goes beyond that, obviously, but these are correct ingredients and Nissan clearly has the components.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I could see some of these changes being upgrades that the NISMO receives, definitely. I don't know if they necessarily will be altering the shape of the grille (that camo could easily be misdirection), but I can certainly see it going to a mesh covering rather than the slats. That plus the brakes, a different spoiler (not this one, for god's sake), lightweight wheels with a different stagger, and the heat extractors on the bonnet, it all makes sense.

Let's hope it goes beyond that, obviously, but these are correct ingredients and Nissan clearly has the components.
I'd love Naca ducts on the hood (GTR style) rather than those vents.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
^^^It will probably be easier to just flip the grille on the orange car.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
This maybe an unpopular opinion but I think the Customized Proto Z would be a good starting point for the Nismo. I like the fact that it is relatively clean and simple. Keep all the ricey flamboyant stuff to the hardtop Z4 thats parading around as a Supra.