First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Enjoying my tastefully modded 370. It's a blast. The supply chain crisis will keep going for a long time- at least two years.
Seconded - this whole situation has convinced me to hang on to my 2017, as well. Woe is us 😄

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Just means they have sold out any preorders for japan. Just like in canada they stopped doing preorders and nissan canada directly said all orders have been sold out. As for the future now if japan has stopped taking orders/production any future orders for usa doesn’t seem likely

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
So much pessimism here, there's nothing suggesting that existing orders wont be honored and delivered in coming months.
Maybe in some countries, but I'm not aware of existing orders in the USA. Count me as mega pessimistic about the venture. (Unless something in USA has changed in the last 2 weeks I've been out of the loop camping?)

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Maybe in some countries, but I'm not aware of existing orders in the USA. Count me as mega pessimistic about the venture. (Unless something in USA has changed in the last 2 weeks I've been out of the loop camping?)
As far as I'm aware dealers still get the orders/allocations in USA add their chosen margin then sell on to customers.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
As far as I'm aware dealers still get the orders/allocations in USA add their chosen margin then sell on to customers.
Only thing I know of is some USA customers on some local dealer waiting lists, but not actual orders. Unless something has changed, I can't go to a Nissan dealer now and actually order a Z from Nissan.

I'm pessimistic about the number of Zs Nissan will produce, and envision long waits and dealer ADM hijinks and aggravations. And I don't spend money on aggravation. So I don't know if this will work out.

G37

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Coupe 6MT, Q50S Hybrid, MDX
Occupation
Self
Me too… tastefully modded G37S Coupe 6MT. It sounds like you too have a fun ride that requires no apologies and will entertain until the Z has widespread availability. Let’s hope for a Sport + LSD + brakes for $46K and a $60K Nismo. We’ll see.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Only thing I know of is some USA customers on some local dealer waiting lists, but not actual orders. Unless something has changed, I can't go to a Nissan dealer now and actually order a Z from Nissan.

I'm pessimistic about the number of Zs Nissan will produce, and envision long waits and dealer ADM hijinks and aggravations. And I don't spend money on aggravation. So I don't know if this will work out.

As of 9:42 this morning my Nissan dealer still has zero idea about when or how many they will get. Nothing in the computer. None listed on their next shipment of cars that is due in 2 weeks. There are a couple money deposits, but they are not officially in the Nissan system. Just good customers that they are trying to line up

He will call me back with an update- I am not the only one calling and asking- he says they have been looking for them since early 2022

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
As of 9:42 this morning my Nissan dealer still has zero idea about when or how many they will get. Nothing in the computer. None listed on their next shipment of cars that is due in 2 weeks. There are a couple money deposits, but they are not officially in the Nissan system. Just good customers that they are trying to line up

He will call me back with an update- I am not the only one calling and asking- he says they have been looking for them since early 2022
Yep…in Australia, some dealers were told it would be early this year as well…like Jan/Feb
I’m sure the day they open their computer screen and see an allocation they will be jumping for joy, hopefully get us all of their backs