gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/07/n...ping-orders-of-ariya-and-fairlady-z-in-japan/

Nissan Japan announced today that it will temporarily stop taking orders for the Ariya B6 (2WD) and the new Fairlady Z, known simply as the Z in the North American market.

The automaker cited a slew of reasons including delays in parts stemming from semiconductor shortages, logistical issues caused by the spread of the new coronavirus infection, and disruption of the supply chain due to unstable global conditions, for its decision to suspend orders of the new vehicles. It said it was making this decision despite “company-wide efforts” to recover from these disruptions.

Nissan added that it has already received many orders for the two-wheel-drive Ariya, which are taking a long time to deliver. With orders streaming in for the Ariya B6 e-4ORCE and B9 limited models, delivery times are only expected to grow longer. The same goes for the new Fairlady Z that will be sold as the Z in overseas markets, whose delivery times will be longer than expected.

“In light of this situation, in order to ensure that the Nissan Ariya and the new Fairlady Z are delivered to all customers who have ordered so far, we have decided to temporarily suspend orders for both models as of the end of July,” the company said in a statement.

What About North America?

In the U.S., meanwhile, interest in the front-wheel-drive Ariya was strong enough that the company was forced to close its reservation program in May 2022, after having opened it in November 2021. Despite that, Nissan USA says that the Ariya and the Z will arrive in the market as scheduled.

“Nissan is facing various industry challenges, including the semiconductor shortage and the supply chain crisis,” a Nissan spokesperson told Carscoops in an email. “Our priority is to ensure that we deliver the all-new Nissan Ariya and Nissan Z to customers with the highest level of quality and care. The 2023 Nissan Z will go on sale this summer, and the 2023 Ariya front-wheel drive models will go on sale this fall, with all-wheel drive models coming within a few months afterward.”

The 2023 Nissan Z is powered by a 400 hp (298 kW/405 PS) V6 and starts at $39,990 in the U.S. The Nissan Ariya, meanwhile, starts at $45,950 in the U.S. and has an 87 kWh battery pack that powers a 238 hp (177 kW/241 PS) electric motor which turns the front wheels. In its entry-level U.S. trim, it’s estimated to be good for up to 300 miles (483 km) of range.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
To be expected I guess, most OEM's are now suspending orders.

One of the things I will be interested in, is how many of the existing order books are speculators, who are looking to make a profit on trading new cars. Grim times indeed to buy a car....

As an enthusiast, I am happy for the supply shortage. As long as I do end up getting one. :)

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don't really mind when I get one...just want to have the peace of mind that some dealer can order what I want and say it's coming eventually haha.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
So much pessimism here, there's nothing suggesting that existing orders wont be honored and delivered in coming months.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So much pessimism here, there's nothing suggesting that existing orders wont be honored and delivered in coming months.
You are better than me ….my get up and go, got up and went a whole back now
I’d love for our deliveries to be in time, I’m just nit confident they will be

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I paid my deposit in early may with no real expectation. Dealer has consistently been honest that “there’s lots of speculation out there but in reality we don’t know anything. Could be soon, could be next year just don’t know.”

What they have also done is harassed me (in good way) when anything changes and they need something from me. So a few weeks back they were chasing me wanting me to sign an updated and priced order along with the bill licensing forms - because they said that’s what Nissan had asked them to do and all they could do was action those requests as quickly as possible in case it made a difference. Even they though they said they had no idea what any of it meant for timing of delivery.

So I figure I just stay relaxed and wait it out.

in the meantime I’m super supportive of anyone who wants to pull out of the wait if it helps bump me up the list :)

In fact - forget what I said above. I think we should all be furious and ask for deposit refunds and pull our orders 🤥

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I don’t quite think it’s pessimism. I can say more frustration as we just hear different news weekly and I get it. The world is F’d right now with everything going on.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I paid my deposit in early may with no real expectation. Dealer has consistently been honest that “there’s lots of speculation out there but in reality we don’t know anything. Could be soon, could be next year just don’t know.”

What they have also done is harassed me (in good way) when anything changes and they need something from me. So a few weeks back they were chasing me wanting me to sign an updated and priced order along with the bill licensing forms - because they said that’s what Nissan had asked them to do and all they could do was action those requests as quickly as possible in case it made a difference. Even they though they said they had no idea what any of it meant for timing of delivery.

So I figure I just stay relaxed and wait it out.

in the meantime I’m super supportive of anyone who wants to pull out of the wait if it helps bump me up the list :)

In fact - forget what I said above. I think we should all be furious and ask for deposit refunds and pull our orders 🤥
Don’t want to be the barer of bad news but my dealer has been doing the same…since April last year
Things keep changing.
Why today there is someone on Facebook that’s been told their order won’t be here until October?
Which dealer is right???
Anyones guess