Nissan R36 GT-R

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Best car is now saying the next GT-R will be a 4 door EV ...
Highly unlikely. Just another in the long line of stupid rumours ... like the silly idea a while back for a new "200sx" which was going to be a two-seater Mazda MX-5 / Miata knock-off. At best it could be the new Nissan Skyline (aka 370GT or Fuga). :rolleyes:

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/414982

Skyline and Fairlady Z are good. Of course, other models are important, and innovation for the future is indispensable, but after all Nissan has no GT-R!

I think there are many people who think that way.

Is it the end of production, the survival by mild hybrid, no, if it is mild hybrid, it is no longer GT-R ...? Only such stories were coming and going, but the GT-R will come out. Everything will be renewed and it will be released as the last internal combustion engine model !! * This article

is from April 2022 May 10, 2022 issue

â–  Will it appear in 2023? This is really the last pure engine model
The development of the next GT-R is in progress.

There was a rumor that the engine, platform, etc. will remain the current R35 type, but the interior and exterior will be changed to make it a mild hybrid temporarily, but the latest information is that it will remain a gasoline turbo.

There was speculation that the GT-R would be discontinued due to the inability to comply with the noise regulations that will be tightened from this fall, but that is not the case.

It may disappear temporarily, but it will continue to be sold without losing its appeal.

Certainly there is noise regulation, but according to one development engineer, "It is possible to throttle the throttle for a moment only in the area corresponding to the measurement point and mute the sound."

Of course, the control is so unnoticed by the driver that many cars already have the device.

What is worrisome is how new it will be, but in that regard, the new Z is a good example.

Although it is essentially a skin change, the interior and exterior, as well as the engine and suspension, have all been redesigned to express newness.

The GT-R will also appeal the "new model" with this method.

While using the components of R35GT-R, evolve and change the details to build the next model. The legend of GT-R still continues (image is expected CG by the best car editorial department)

The V6, 3.8L twin turbo, which still maintains the highest level in the world, has been powered up to 600ps, which is the same as the standard grade of NISMO (current model is 570ps).

If you make a Nismo version, of course, it will have specs that exceed 600ps.

The interior has also been redesigned. Introducing the latest model of the center screen, including the latest LCD meter panel like the new Z.

The seats and door trims are also equipped with sporty and high-quality items.

There is no clear information about the time of appearance, but I would like to expect it to be around next spring to summer next year.

There is no doubt that it will be popular only with the GT-R, which is the last pure engine car.
20220510_P007-017_SCOOP_2_04.jpg

20220510_P007-017_SCOOP_2_01.jpg

20220510_P007-017_SCOOP_2_02.jpg

20220510_P007-017_SCOOP_2_06.jpg

20220510_P007-017_SCOOP_2_05.jpg

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
The latest from Bestcar

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/484393

â– Nissan R35GT-R (minor change, scheduled to appear in spring 2023 )
-The current R35GT-R is a Maichen model

The GT-R, which has finished accepting orders for the current R35 model, is certain to make a minor change after a temporary hiatus and reappear next spring.

The method of changing the skin of the interior and exterior based on the current model is powerful, and I am looking forward to being able to change it to a level close to the new model even though it is my own. The engine and undercarriage are likely to be limited to small improvements, but this will inevitably be the last GT-R with a pure engine. It looks like there will be a fierce competition.

20220810_P010_026_SCOOP_03_BBBB.jpg
The current R35GT-R will appear as a minor change model (scheduled to debut in the spring of 2023, the image is a prediction CG by the best car)

â–  Nissan next R36GT-R (scheduled to appear in 2028)
Transform into a hyper EV with all-solid-state battery

It was early spring this year that the best car scoop team received information that the next GT-R was being planned as an EV. The goal was to introduce Nissan's technology to the fullest and launch it around 2028.

It is understandable that super sports will change to EV as the times go by, and Porsche has already sold the Taycan, and Ferrari has announced that it will release its first EV in 2025.

Since the next GT-R will be launched in 2028, it will start later than its competitors, but it will take that long to make a car that uses technology that leads other companies. There is no doubt that the schedule is aimed at the practical application of all-solid-state batteries, which are expected to be a game changer for EVs.

Nissan announced that it will supply electric power units for "Formula E" to McLaren from the next season. In addition to participating in the race with their own team, the technical knowledge gained in the race will double, and naturally this technology will be fed back to the next GT-R.

Details such as the design have not been clarified, but there is a high possibility that it will adopt a 4-door coupe body that can be used practically even in the rear seats, taking advantage of the EV's high degree of freedom in packaging.

Currently, it is information that development is continuing with the Porsche Taycan as a benchmark, but since the goal is to be the fastest at the NĂĽrburgring, it seems that it is aiming for a more full-fledged EV sports than the Taycan, which has a strong image of a luxury car. If it's a GT-R, it's natural. I would like to pay attention to future movements.

20220810_P010_026_SCOOP_03_CCCC.jpg
The GT-R will be reborn as a hyper EV using an all-solid-state battery currently under development. The technology of Formula E, which is actively working, is fed back (the image is a predicted CG by the best car)

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
If I'm reading this right it sounds like the heavy refresh model will be a stop gap measure until the next gen EV model is ready
That's exactly what it sounds like if the latest reports are accurate.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
https://www.thedrive.com/news/plans-for-electrified-nissan-z-gt-r-are-still-very-murky

Worth a read for sure, especially for quotes like:

“Tamura speaks mostly of constraints. Price, driving dynamics, and the sound of an EV are all things he's worried about. "How do you make sound with an electric car? You make noise with a speaker. But the stereotype of … old guys sometimes don’t like fake sound. That’s the challenge." The engineer describes these things, perhaps appropriately, as points he hasn't considered. Perhaps they have not yet officially been considered by Nissan. It's possible Tamura, in his last days in his engineering role, had little to do with the work on the future of Nissan's sports cars. The level of development that's been done on the future of the brand's enthusiast products as a whole is unknown.”

and

“What he says speaks volumes if you read into it a little, though. He did note that the decision to stick with ICE or go electric will be "very difficult," and also hinted it hasn't happened yet. He said that decision will occur sometime "in the future."

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I know I'm dreaming, but imagine if the next GTR looked like this. 🤤
Front, rear, and from certain angles it looks absolutely amazing. I hate the way it looks from the straight on profile. The side of the R35 just never did it for me, but I'd come up with 6 figures one way or another if they ever built a brand new car that looked like this, front and rear. Good Lord 🤤

1661906101681.jpeg

1661906144611.jpeg

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Front, rear, and from certain angles it looks absolutely amazing. I hate the way it looks from the straight on profile. The side of the R35 just never did it for me, but I'd come up with 6 figures one way or another if they ever built a brand new car that looked like this, front and rear. Good Lord 🤤

1661906101681.jpeg

1661906144611.jpeg
That is leaps and bounds better than the R35