First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
I would happily take 466hp if that is less invasive to GTR territory.
(400/3)*3.5 = 466hp. (got to make more power for the added AWD weight)
Current-gen GTR has 565hp.
466 with either awd/ Rwd would be a pretty sweet spot. I didn’t know the current GTR had that much horsepower. I’ll be honest never been a hardcore Nissan guy, but something about this new Z is it. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Sales
Don't see it ever being AWD.

What would get me spending the extra $: magnetic adaptive dampers, track-capable brakes and cooling to prevent limp mode on track, an eLSD with true torque vectoring, active exhaust. A 360 camera would be nice, rear parking sensors and cross-traffic alert should be on base model.

I'd rather have a significant weight reduction than added power.
That’s a pretty solid list brother. Definitely would make improvements to the cars performance on track.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I wouldnt want awd in a Z.
No 360 cameras, blind spot sensors or cross traffic either. That's what my neck is for.

Since nismo is performance, it would be nice to get additional chassis support and adjustable coilovers.
Definitely brakes and proper cooling for them as well as oil.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I wouldnt want awd in a Z.
No 360 cameras, blind spot sensors or cross traffic either. That's what my neck is for.

Since nismo is performance, it would be nice to get additional chassis support and adjustable coilovers.
Definitely brakes and proper cooling for them as well as oil.
Go to have sensors...vision is important, and in this car it will be bad, both front and rear.
I see cameras as more of a safety thing than “accessories”

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
Don't see it ever being AWD.

What would get me spending the extra $: magnetic adaptive dampers, track-capable brakes and cooling to prevent limp mode on track, an eLSD with true torque vectoring, active exhaust. A 360 camera would be nice, rear parking sensors and cross-traffic alert should be on base model.

I'd rather have a significant weight reduction than added power.
This ^^^^
The NISMO should be the 1LE/PP2 equivalent for the Z - the 'old model' of +hp and cosmetics has zero appeal to me.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Infiniti g35x, 2015 Nissan Micra
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
The Z period, should have tune selection.
Eg;
87 Aki - 300hp
91 Aki - 400hp
93/94- 500hp * unlockable sports mode* all models , not just “nismo”

if I can’t detune, and sports mode the OEM “brains” then aftermarket solutions are available.

if I have to go aftermarket, then I’m adding water meth and upgrading the cooling systems.
Aiming for 600hp flywheel. (498 whp)

JohnnyZ

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti qx50
Occupation
Union sheet metal worker
Curious as to what some of our fellow members would want to see out of the Nismo? If the most expensive base car is around 45K. What are we getting for our hard earned 50-55K?
For me it doesn’t matter. I been waiting patiently since the proto unveiling, hoping it would come out this spring as rumored! Now that I know they will only start taking orders in mid November.....I’m out. Can’t wait that long. I been holding off on buying a new car purposely. Waited for nothing.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
For me it doesn’t matter. I been waiting patiently since the proto unveiling, hoping it would come out this spring as rumored! Now that I know they will only start taking orders in mid November.....I’m out. Can’t wait that long. I been holding off on buying a new car purposely. Waited for nothing.
Sorry to hear that man. I think the average time from prototype to production is 3-5 years but I know we were all expecting a little sooner since they told us the Proto Z was in a near-production state. I suppose if they announce the details this summer/fall/winter and production next year they're still ahead of the industry standard. What're you going to get instead, if anything?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
This ^^^^
The NISMO should be the 1LE/PP2 equivalent for the Z - the 'old model' of +hp and cosmetics has zero appeal to me.
Actually I'd rather have the sport package be our 1LE/PP2 and the Nismo should be our ZL1/GT350.

I personally wouldn't.

C8 is unobtainum
Supra is dead once the Z hits
The muscle trinity are ALL due for new gens very soon
- S650 Mustang is in camo test phase right now matter of fact, it will launch in late '22 as a '23
- The Dodge Brothers (Challenger and Charger) should also drop late '22 as '23s and they will be on the Gulia's platform
- Camaro is going to stick around a little longer (~26)
- The 6G Camaro is so underrated it's criminal.

Anything else that could out do the Z35 costs well over 60k and the used car market is in a bubble right now, it's a horrible time to buy used right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Sales
Actually I'd rather have the sport package be our 1LE/PP2 and the Nismo should be our ZL1/GT350.

I personally wouldn't.

C8 is unobtainum
Supra is dead once the Z hits
The muscle trinity are ALL due for new gens very soon
- S650 Mustang is in camo test phase right now matter of fact, it will launch in late '22 as a '23
- The Dodge Brothers (Challenger and Charger) should also drop late '22 as '23s and they will be on the Gulia's platform
- Camaro is going to stick around a little longer (~26)
- The 6G Camaro is so underrated it's criminal.

Anything else that could out do the Z35 costs well over 60k and the used car market is in a bubble right now, it's a horrible time to buy used right now.
I totally agree on the 6Gen camaro being underrated. I owned an 18 1LE for a couple of years. Best car I ever had, hands down. Thing handled like it was on rails and had enough get up and go to keep up with GT3's in the canyons. So upset I had to sell it.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I can't believe the Camaro is going to hang around for another 5 years. I thought it was going to be done in 22, but its apparently soldering on. Too bad they couldn't give it another refresh and could figure out a way to make the trunk opening bigger as it would then be in the top contenders in my list.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Test drove a Camaro of the current gen and found its outward visibility appalling, it was like driving a tank. Hard pass.

The new Z's rear sightlines aren't great either but at least the car is a reasonable size - and should have BSM, RCTA, and parking sensors, maybe even 360 cameras as options..

OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Sales
Test drove a Camaro of the current gen and found its outward visibility appalling, it was like driving a tank. Hard pass.

The new Z's rear sightlines aren't great either but at least the car is a reasonable size - and should have BSM, RCTA, and parking sensors, maybe even 360 cameras as options..
Yeah visibility was not its strong suit!!! After a while of living with the car it gets a bit better.

JohnnyZ

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti qx50
Occupation
Union sheet metal worker
Sorry to hear that man. I think the average time from prototype to production is 3-5 years but I know we were all expecting a little sooner since they told us the Proto Z was in a near-production state. I suppose if they announce the details this summer/fall/winter and production next year they're still ahead of the industry standard. What're you going to get instead, if anything?
I’ll be purchasing a Mercedes. Maybe I can be in line with the following generation of Z! The timing for this one just doesn’t align for me! Rumors when the protocol came out were that the car would appear in showrooms this spring.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I’ll be purchasing a Mercedes. Maybe I can be in line with the following generation of Z! The timing for this one just doesn’t align for me! Rumors when the protocol came out were that the car would appear in showrooms this spring.
Mercedes has some nice stuff! I'm sure the Z will run for a few years but who knows when Nissan will feel like they can't offer a ICE sports car anymore, especially if gas keeps getting taxed like it is, the future might see only hybrid's and EV's available. Maybe hydrogen!

Yeah with the announcement now that it'll be revealed in the fall I'd say winter or the spring of next year is the earliest we can expect it in showrooms.