Next-generation Subaru BRZ

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Idk about you guys, but the 86 & BRZ are starting to look really good as an alternative if there is a supply issue / huge markups with the Z.
Was planning on getting the BRZ this year in addition to the Z, but no way in hell we're paying $40-50k for one ???

We'll give it half a year and see if anyone's being reasonable by then.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I'm not even that old and these wide body stanced BRZ/86's look horrendous. It's a big reservation for a new Z. In a few years you're gonna see these clapped out and pulling into gas stations scraping every pebble. Makes me wanna throw up every time I see these. Pretty much every 350/370 looks like that these days. Damn kids.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm not even that old and these wide body stanced BRZ/86's look horrendous. It's a big reservation for a new Z. In a few years you're gonna see these clapped out and pulling into gas stations scraping every pebble. Makes me wanna throw up every time I see these. Pretty much every 350/370 looks like that these days. Damn kids.
I know, right!

I have a "clean" Q60 lowered on 20" Enkeis, Infiniti sports exhaust, akebonos, OEM aero kit.

A young chap in a thoroughly clapped-out Z33 parked next to me, really curious about my car. His bumpers were torn off, not just missing, but torn....hood was some kind of plasti-dip, have a Yakuza (or whatever exhaust) on it. It was hideous. Man, I get it, I was young at one time and made cringe mods, but I never intentionally trashed my car.
Hopefully he was having an awakening, because he seemed to appreciate my car. Or, he was scheming how to buy my car someday and trash it too.
Even my car is becoming cheap enough that I'm seeing sketchy ones driving around every so often.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Thank you! Gives me headaches everytime I see that crap.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Idk about you guys, but the 86 & BRZ are starting to look really good as an alternative if there is a supply issue / huge markups with the Z.
The new 86 seems like the most awesome commuter car ever. I live 5 miles from work, and most of the way there is very fun back roads.

I'd rather rack miles up on an 86 than my future Z. Not just to keep the Z nice, but after seeing that the VR30 needs to be pulled to do turbos, and it's not uncommon problem on the Infiniti cars, I'd like to avoid putting high mileage on the Z

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Hell, the Z is my "Plan B" - I was supposed to be in a C8 by now lol