First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Doesn’t sound like a coyote. Wish they would’ve just brought the voodoo to the masses.
there was a report that the 5.0 was going to be carried over so unless they changed something , it sorta sounds like my buddies gt350r but we wouldnt be that lucky lol flat plane 5.0

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
https://www.autonews.com/detroit-au...-7th-generation-reveal-2022-detroit-auto-show

Per Hagerty,

"Intake: We saw details of the seventh-generation Mustang (S650) earlier this year when spy photographers captured this mule out and about near Dearborn, Michigan. At the time, we had no clue when we’d actually get to meet said pony car in the flesh. According to a new report from Automotive News citing an anonymous source with knowledge of the timeline, it sounds like the new Mustang will bow at the Detroit Auto Show later this year in September. When asked about the possibility of a September unveiling, Ford spokesperson Mike Levine declined to discuss the automaker’s show plans. “We’ve previously said that the all-new, seventh-generation Mustang is on the way and we can’t wait to share more details soon,” he said in a statement to AN.

Expect both the 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder and Ford’s free-breathing Coyote V-8 to carry over to the new car largely unchanged. As we noted when these spy shots first surfaced, the new ‘Stang will likely to ditch its current bespoke platform, adopting instead the modular rear- and all-wheel-drive architecture (codenamed CD6) that underpins the Explorer. Connecting the dots, that probably means an all-wheel-drive Mustang is in the works. The platform is already set up to accept hybrid drivetrain tech as well; we wouldn’t be surprised to see a hybrid Mustang somewhere in the S650 dossier, too.

Exhaust: Ford remains tight lipped on the matter, so we may not know more until we get closer to the show’s opening on September 14. But given how the S650 looks like an aggressive update (new sheetmetal and interior, but a similar cowl/roof structure) in lieu of a clean-sheet redesign to the S550 Mustang, we have no reason to doubt the timeline stated by Automotive News’ source. Watch this space for more Mustang news in the coming weeks. — Sajeev Mehta"

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
https://www.autonews.com/detroit-au...-7th-generation-reveal-2022-detroit-auto-show

Per Hagerty,

"Intake: We saw details of the seventh-generation Mustang (S650) earlier this year when spy photographers captured this mule out and about near Dearborn, Michigan. At the time, we had no clue when we’d actually get to meet said pony car in the flesh. According to a new report from Automotive News citing an anonymous source with knowledge of the timeline, it sounds like the new Mustang will bow at the Detroit Auto Show later this year in September. When asked about the possibility of a September unveiling, Ford spokesperson Mike Levine declined to discuss the automaker’s show plans. “We’ve previously said that the all-new, seventh-generation Mustang is on the way and we can’t wait to share more details soon,” he said in a statement to AN.

Expect both the 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder and Ford’s free-breathing Coyote V-8 to carry over to the new car largely unchanged. As we noted when these spy shots first surfaced, the new ‘Stang will likely to ditch its current bespoke platform, adopting instead the modular rear- and all-wheel-drive architecture (codenamed CD6) that underpins the Explorer. Connecting the dots, that probably means an all-wheel-drive Mustang is in the works. The platform is already set up to accept hybrid drivetrain tech as well; we wouldn’t be surprised to see a hybrid Mustang somewhere in the S650 dossier, too.

Exhaust: Ford remains tight lipped on the matter, so we may not know more until we get closer to the show’s opening on September 14. But given how the S650 looks like an aggressive update (new sheetmetal and interior, but a similar cowl/roof structure) in lieu of a clean-sheet redesign to the S550 Mustang, we have no reason to doubt the timeline stated by Automotive News’ source. Watch this space for more Mustang news in the coming weeks. — Sajeev Mehta"

This dude needs to update his notes. CD6 was abandoned long ago for the mustang. S650 will have some CD6 elements, but it's not a whole new chassis based on CD6 as he suggests.

With that said, I'd like to see a Gen4 Coyote that addresses Gen3 shortcomings - i.e. arc sorayed cylinder walls and plastic oil pan (two things we also have to deal with on the Z).

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
New Ford Mustang will debut Sept. 14 at the Detroit Auto Show

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/07/28/2024-ford-mustang-debut-detroit-auto-show/

Jim Farley says save the date, and #SaveTheManuals

Is there a more appropriate venue to debut the next generation of the Ford Mustang than the Detroit Auto Show? We think not. And so it comes as little surprise that Ford CEO Jim Farley confirmed via Twitter that the Blue Oval automaker will "unveil the all-new, seventh-generation Ford Mustang September 14 at the Detroit Auto Show."

There are some other details we already know about the upcoming new pony. As you can see in the above tweet, Farley added #savethemanuals to his message, once again confirming that the next Mustang will definitely offer a six-speed manual transmission. We also expect it will be powered by a carryover range of four-cylinder EcoBoost and V8 engines, but exactly what trim levels will be paired with which engines we've yet to decipher. Will there be a hybrid? Available all-wheel drive? What's next for the revered Shelby nameplate?

Fortunately, we expect those and most of our other questions will be answered on September 14. There's not much left to say other than ... stay tuned.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'd be hopeful but it's going to be s550.5 and based off my time in pre-refresh s550 GTs - the handling just isn't there.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I kind of liked the first renderings that came out, but this latest one looks hideous if it is accurate. Now if they would have made it similar to the mach 1 they would have had something.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I'd be hopeful but it's going to be s550.5 and based off my time in pre-refresh s550 GTs - the handling just isn't there.
The Mustang forums suggest otherwise. Specifically, there's talk that the current Mach 1 is what a baseline S650 GT should be.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I don't like it...at all?

As someone said on the forum, "it's looking more like a chunky crossover than muscle/sports coupe" and I couldn't agree more. Hopefully it's just the angle, indeed.

Really hope Subaru didn't infect Ford with the WRX > Crosstrek nonsense.
It does look odd, I admit. Hopefully better in person though.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Would need to see the real thing and in different color but sounds promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.