First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
There's nothing exclusive about a Z, except maybe this new one that most previous owners won't be able to afford or want to pay as much for. There's TONS of 350Zs and 370Zs on the roads and most of the owners don't give a flying fuck about each other or the culture behind the car. At least this has been my experience since 2005. Maybe that changes with the new Z? Hopefully.
Operative word was "relative," firstly, as in compared to other sports cars one might encounter in the US. Think Mustang, think Camaro, think MX-5, think Corvette, even think 911. You get the idea.

And, even living in Naples (where seemingly every car is a sports car, an exotic car, or a high end luxury vehicle) a Z is still an uncommon car. You just don't see many of them relative to other vehicles of their general description. This is particularly true of the 370Z which, as far as total US sales numbers are concerned, is even uncommon compared to the 350Z (over twice as many of those were sold during its run).

It's not impossible that there are areas of higher concentration for Zs, or for any particular car, there just aren't nearly as many of them on the roads as the aforementioned sports cars. One's experience will surely vary, but it's somewhat rare for another Z driver not to acknowledge me, assuming it's practical to do so.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
i was gonna say vaping, but that may be the wrx/evo guys im thinking of...
Hey, you shut your mouth when you talk about me and my kind

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hey, you shut your mouth when you talk about me and my kind
no worries bro...
if i ever run across a clean, well sorted evo at a decent price, not only would i buy it, i'll take up vaping

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Operative word was "relative," firstly, as in compared to other sports cars one might encounter in the US. Think Mustang, think Camaro, think MX-5, think Corvette, even think 911. You get the idea.

And, even living in Naples (where seemingly every car is a sports car, an exotic car, or a high end luxury vehicle) a Z is still an uncommon car. You just don't see many of them relative to other vehicles of their general description. This is particularly true of the 370Z which, as far as total US sales numbers are concerned, is even uncommon compared to the 350Z (over twice as many of those were sold during its run).

It's not impossible that there are areas of higher concentration for Zs, or for any particular car, there just aren't nearly as many of them on the roads as the aforementioned sports cars. One's experience will surely vary, but it's somewhat rare for another Z driver not to acknowledge me, assuming it's practical to do so.
I rarely see Z cars in Central Indiana.