First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
with all the delays, price hikes and disappointments in some reviews...i want us to concentrate on all the positives the new Z brings to the table.

for me, what's kept me interested is it's drop dead, japanese classic styling...can i get a witness?

i enjoyed my 350z...im pretty sure this will surpass that and be a great dd.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Amen to that Brother.

Its a looker in person. Nice clean lines and deep gloss thick paint. The stock wheels even look great and they’re stockers.

The car is not big at all once you’re next to it. The pics and vids online make it look like a porker
not the case at all.

-RJM

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Amen to that Brother.

Its a looker in person. Nice clean lines and deep gloss thick paint. The stock wheels even look great and they’re stockers.

The car is not big at all once you’re next to it. The pics and vids online make it look like a porker
not the case at all.

-RJM
good points...
those wheels are killer...even the sport rims aren't too bad either. i really hope nissan offers the jdm wheels too...i dig those!

71722442_321926743112964_1127525756875897805_n-jpg.jpg

there was plenty of love for them in this thread...almost 75%

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/jdm-customized-proto-wheels-vs-performance-vs-sport.781/

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Again, it comes down to your perspective. If you were hoping for a track car, you’ll be disappointed. If you were hoping for a beautiful sports car with a Z heritage design and great performance up to 80% limit, you’ll be very happy. Seriously, how many people buy a new car to go take to the track? Why is this car being judged to a standard most buyers don’t care a thing about? I am very happy with the Z.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
For me as a former 280Z owner, I love that its a JDM car with classic Z styling. I also love the upgraded powertrain and technology. I look forward to owning one in the next year or so.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
+ for me:

Looks nice and clean
Design will age very well imo
No crappy 4 banger model
It’s not a SLK underneath 😝

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
As a current 280Z owner, I love that I now have a modern interpretation of the S30 design with all the performance I need at a price that doesn’t break the bank.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
It's a beautiful car, returned to a TT V6, and is still available with a proper manual transmission.

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
I love the retro styling merging different generations together to bring us, the consumers, a beautiful car. It should make for a great daily and fun weekend warrior, or a great track car for those that actually track their vehicles. I’ve gone back and forth many time this year on buying something else, but keep coming back and waiting for this because of the looks, performance, and the fact that it’s a Z. Once you’ve had one Z you become hooked on having another.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
The styling is awesome - the fact that you can get a manual without paying an up charge (looking at you Supra), and FINALLY having a TT setup.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I like the relative exclusivity of a Z, and I suspect this one will be no different despite its very appealing styling.

It isn't to say that one will not see Zs on the road, but they're just uncommon enough that you kind of feel compelled to acknowledge one another when you spot a kindred spirit in the wild.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I like the relative exclusivity of a Z, and I suspect this one will be no different despite its very appealing styling.

It isn't to say that one will not see Zs on the road, but they're just uncommon enough that you kind of feel compelled to acknowledge one another when you spot a kindred spirit in the wild.
There's nothing exclusive about a Z, except maybe this new one that most previous owners won't be able to afford or want to pay as much for. There's TONS of 350Zs and 370Zs on the roads and most of the owners don't give a flying fuck about each other or the culture behind the car. At least this has been my experience since 2005. Maybe that changes with the new Z? Hopefully.