First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Infiniti g35x, 2015 Nissan Micra
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
I feel so guilty...my husband let go of his classic Lotus Esprit when I got pregnant...and since then it’s been me following the sport car dream. A civic type R, followed by my Peugeot RCZ type R ( I think the only black one in WA) ...grew up on Nissan though with my dad starting on a Datsun 120Y and Skyline ...time to head back to my roots with the new Z, can’t wait
my roots are in the 1972 240z silver pearlescent with era correct bbs mesh rims. So… I went the JDM RHD skyline path. Now that’s there a twin turbo manual RWD “z” I’m sold.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Hi Crew , finally I am first at something being the newest member. last car was 2014 911 PDK and a 2016 GT4 , overpriced and couldn't drive them unless on a track . I owned tr6 and B and could drive the snot out of them on the street. 400 Z maybe might fill that need

NoCoast

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Occupation
Physician
Long time Z guy. Had a ‘94 slick top for a while after high school.
Tons of JDM and German cars since.
Just sold my NSX last week. Will plan to trade my Civic Type R for the new Z when it comes out (assuming it’s as engaging to drive as it should be, naturally.)

dennis

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
Hey guys, not really an introduction guy, but why not. I've been a long time lurker of the Z forums/pages, laying low after playing "adult" and not owning anything fun for about 8 years now. I'm the Sales Manager at PRL Motorsports and help oversee production, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to play with R35s, 240s, Subarus, 8th, 9th, 10th Gen Civics Type-Rs and quite a few other platforms over the years. Normally I've been a 90s shitbox connoisseur, mainly Honda, but the Z35 grabbed my attention. Originally I was planning out the new CT-R, buy I'm kind of over the FWD/Honda thing. I have quite a few things in mind for this car, as do a few coworkers. Hopefully we'll see some PRL brand products soon as well!

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey guys, not really an introduction guy, but why not. I've been a long time lurker of the Z forums/pages, laying low after playing "adult" and not owning anything fun for about 8 years now. I'm the Sales Manager at PRL Motorsports and help oversee production, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to play with R35s, 240s, Subarus, 8th, 9th, 10th Gen Civics Type-Rs and quite a few other platforms over the years. Normally I've been a 90s shitbox connoisseur, mainly Honda, but the Z35 grabbed my attention. Originally I was planning out the new CT-R, buy I'm kind of over the FWD/Honda thing. I have quite a few things in mind for this car, as do a few coworkers. Hopefully we'll see some PRL brand products soon as well!
Always nice to see a new contributor
Sounds like you may have some contacts In the biz?
Can I ask what’s your feeling re release date, and what’s the usual time line from when you see cars in camo test driving, and production?

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
Always nice to see a new contributor
Sounds like you may have some contacts In the biz?
Can I ask what’s your feeling re release date, and what’s the usual time line from when you see cars in camo test driving, and production?
I'm happy to join and be part of the community!

Unfortunately I do not have any great contacts or access to information of interest on these, at least yet. It seems like it's extremely difficult to get any reliable information from dealerships or sales associates regardless of platform, unless the individuals are enthusiasts themselves. I've tried calling around and poking for information as much as possible, but nobody seems to have any clue (or care). I/we had the same struggles when the FK8 CT-R and 10th Gen Si were released in 2017. Now aftermarket products and supply chain information, that's what I mainly work with.

If I were to guess, Nissan purposely dropped some tactful teasers and information as a "leak" for third party, organic hype. However, they were also careful enough to withhold critical information, which is most likely why dealers and enthusiasts are left in the dark until ready. I have seen this approach quite a few times in various markets, and is something I/we have done with some of our products in the past. The careful use of "ballpark" pricing, power figures, options, etc, keep the community's attention without being dishonest if leaked specs differ a bit from production versions. The current supply chain is most likely a struggle, between microchips, precious metals and virtually any component possible, there are most likely some back-order or delays in place and inflation/price gouging involved along the way as well. Our company has been fortunate enough to operate without any notable delays in the supply chain throughout the COVID debacle. Over the past few weeks, though, we are now seeing delays of 1, 2, 3 or even 6 weeks on raw aluminum bar stock for our in-house machined billet components for the first time EVER. These are all from state-side suppliers that typically deliver next day, so this is huge, especially when part of another assembly and additional steps such as anodizing or powdercoating are involved (which are all delayed days/weeks as well).

It's a bit hard to say - With Nissans (late IMO) end to the 370Z (which I believe was delayed due to slower sales figures) and disguised sightings of test vehicles, I would imagine that we are 4-6 months from delivery to Dealerships. 11th Gen Honda sightings were happening around March of 2021 and are currently shipping to Dealerships, rumored to go on sale mid-June. This has seemed to be the case for Honda and other manufacturers. It seems like the yellow prototype Nissan keeps purposely showcasing is production ready on the shell for the most part. Sure, things might need ironed out throughout the prototype, but I think we can expect to see near-production ready interior and exterior.

With the base Infiniti Q50 starting at $36,700, I see no reason that the base Z won't fall between $35-40k with a "borrowed" engine, drivetrain and chassis components. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Historically Nissan has always borrowed components, (the R33 and R35 have always been the best of the best), which is great for us the end consumer. I also don't predict any crazy markup either for these.

IsotopicZ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Acura RDX
Occupation
Nuclear Instructor
Hello everyone! I just found out about this forum while hunting for news on the the new Z. I, like many others, have been following it for awhile now. I have always loved the old 240 and 280z cars and even got a 2003 350Z for a track car (I had to sell it when I moved, but man what a great car). I had a swapped Subaru Impreza for years, then went to a lightly modified Focus ST. When I saw pictures, then video of the Z proto, I was sold. I cannot wait to get one of these for my next fun car! I look forward to all the wealth of knowledge on the forum!

IsotopicZ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Acura RDX
Occupation
Nuclear Instructor
Hi I'm Tony. I'm more of a SX/Silvia fan, but since Nissan will never release another one I guess the Z35 will have to do. :p
I am just happy they are releasing a manual transmission sports car. Everyone else has gone to CUVs and SUVs... ugh.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
Yesssirr relateable.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
I'm happy to join and be part of the community!

Unfortunately I do not have any great contacts or access to information of interest on these, at least yet. It seems like it's extremely difficult to get any reliable information from dealerships or sales associates regardless of platform, unless the individuals are enthusiasts themselves. I've tried calling around and poking for information as much as possible, but nobody seems to have any clue (or care). I/we had the same struggles when the FK8 CT-R and 10th Gen Si were released in 2017. Now aftermarket products and supply chain information, that's what I mainly work with.

If I were to guess, Nissan purposely dropped some tactful teasers and information as a "leak" for third party, organic hype. However, they were also careful enough to withhold critical information, which is most likely why dealers and enthusiasts are left in the dark until ready. I have seen this approach quite a few times in various markets, and is something I/we have done with some of our products in the past. The careful use of "ballpark" pricing, power figures, options, etc, keep the community's attention without being dishonest if leaked specs differ a bit from production versions. The current supply chain is most likely a struggle, between microchips, precious metals and virtually any component possible, there are most likely some back-order or delays in place and inflation/price gouging involved along the way as well. Our company has been fortunate enough to operate without any notable delays in the supply chain throughout the COVID debacle. Over the past few weeks, though, we are now seeing delays of 1, 2, 3 or even 6 weeks on raw aluminum bar stock for our in-house machined billet components for the first time EVER. These are all from state-side suppliers that typically deliver next day, so this is huge, especially when part of another assembly and additional steps such as anodizing or powdercoating are involved (which are all delayed days/weeks as well).

It's a bit hard to say - With Nissans (late IMO) end to the 370Z (which I believe was delayed due to slower sales figures) and disguised sightings of test vehicles, I would imagine that we are 4-6 months from delivery to Dealerships. 11th Gen Honda sightings were happening around March of 2021 and are currently shipping to Dealerships, rumored to go on sale mid-June. This has seemed to be the case for Honda and other manufacturers. It seems like the yellow prototype Nissan keeps purposely showcasing is production ready on the shell for the most part. Sure, things might need ironed out throughout the prototype, but I think we can expect to see near-production ready interior and exterior.

With the base Infiniti Q50 starting at $36,700, I see no reason that the base Z won't fall between $35-40k with a "borrowed" engine, drivetrain and chassis components. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Historically Nissan has always borrowed components, (the R33 and R35 have always been the best of the best), which is great for us the end consumer. I also don't predict any crazy markup either for these.
Why do I feel I know you?
DM me please.