First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
After watching GR Corolla videos, I realized that the Corolla will be the most desirable near term and long term over the Supra. By a lot. No contest.

When the GR Corolla, Z and Supra are 20+ years old, GRC will be #1, Z will be #2 and Supra will be a distant 3rd.

The GR Corolla is going to steal the Supra's thunder, especially amongst fanbois
i don’t see that. But,
Very few people buy cars as investments. Even fewer are make any $$. Wager the odds to put money in the stock market vs car purchase and let them both sit.

buy what you like- enjoy it- meaning drive it

I will continue to bomb around tracks with my Zupra hurting feelings. It makes me happy, smile and often giggle like a kid.

cayman GTS that I absolutely embarrassed - he didn’t want to let me by- this past Sat, found me after that session and asked a ton of questions in disbelief

finished p1 in max2 and third overall by some crazy unlimited cars

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
i don’t see that. But,
Very few people buy cars as investments. Even fewer are make any $$. Wager the odds to put money in the stock market vs car purchase and let them both sit.

buy what you like- enjoy it- meaning drive it

I will continue to bomb around tracks with my Zupra hurting feelings. It makes me happy, smile and often giggle like a kid.

cayman GTS that I absolutely embarrassed - he didn’t want to let me by- this past Sat, found me after that session and asked a ton of questions in disbelief

finished p1 in max2 and third overall by some crazy unlimited cars
I was basically responding to the previous question about long-term desirability compared to the 90's Supra/Z32 and the current Supra/Z.

I just don't think the BMW will be "legend" 20+ years down the road. People get hung up on intangibles, and the Supra being a BMW will be something Toyota fanbois reject. Look at how much love an AE86 gets, and subjectively, it's not a very good car....

I think the GR Corolla will be the future collectible, and so will the Z. The BMW, being outsourced, will be stained. May get a following of eccentric people loving the juxtaposition of BMW/Toyota though good luck with BMW long term ownership costs....

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I think the GR Corolla will be the future collectible, and so will the Z.....
The Z will only be collectible, aside from the Protos, is if it is the FINAL full ICE Nissan Z, period. Otherwise, only the early production off-colors 'might' be someday.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The Z will only be collectible, aside from the Protos, is if it is the FINAL full ICE Nissan Z, period. Otherwise, only the early production off-colors 'might' be someday.
You basically are correct, because there's no way in hell Nissan will invest "one last time" for another ICE Z.

I'm sure we'd all appreciate another Z, all-new competitive chassis, bring back the inline 6.....

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
After watching GR Corolla videos, I realized that the Corolla will be the most desirable near term and long term over the Supra. By a lot. No contest.

When the GR Corolla, Z and Supra are 20+ years old, GRC will be #1, Z will be #2 and Supra will be a distant 3rd.

The GR Corolla is going to steal the Supra's thunder, especially amongst fanbois
I agree the GR Corolla will be the hot ticket item. It checks so many boxes on my wants/needs list. I hope Toyota dials up production and we start seeing them at dealerships.

I don’t know if the Supra will be a distant 3rd. Regardless of it being a BMW partnership Toyota had a heavy hand in its design.

If anything this will be the BMW drivetrain that exceeds reliability projections. There are GR Supra owners that have logged 100K miles without any electrical or mechanical problems.

I really need to take you for spin in my Supra. I guarantee your perception will change. The car is a beast but with a refined interior cabin. And to top it off I get 26mpg on the freeway tuned at 620wtq.

-RJM

Last edited:

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I agree the GR Corolla will be the hot ticket item. It checks so many boxes on my wants/needs list. I hope Toyota dials up production and we start seeing them at dealerships.

I don’t know if the Supra will be a distant 3rd. Regardless of it being a BMW partnership Toyota had a heavy hand in its design.

If anything this will be the BMW drivetrain that exceeds reliability projections. There are GR Supra owners that have logged 100K miles without any electrical or mechanical problems.

I really need to take you for spin in my Supra. I guarantee your perception will change. The car is a beast but with a refined interior cabin. And to top it off I get 26mpg on the freeway tuned at 620wtq.

-RJM
I don't think Toyota is going to turn up production that much for the GR Corollas. As much as it is a truly amazing car for an enthusiast; That's all it is. We are a niche market as it is nowadays. I can't really see any of the "normies" who go out and buy wrx's because they have a hood scoop and work well in the winter dropping the extra cash for a purpose-built performance car. Along with that, being manual only also alienates some of the people who potentially would want it, who will hop into a golf with a DSG instead.

Lastly and probably most importantly, America doesn't buy hatchbacks in droves. I think Toyota said 6600 for production which is more than I thought, but still not all that many compared to something like the charger, which sold like 50,000-75,000 units a year.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I was basically responding to the previous question about long-term desirability compared to the 90's Supra/Z32 and the current Supra/Z.

I just don't think the BMW will be "legend" 20+ years down the road. People get hung up on intangibles, and the Supra being a BMW will be something Toyota fanbois reject. Look at how much love an AE86 gets, and subjectively, it's not a very good car....

I think the GR Corolla will be the future collectible, and so will the Z. The BMW, being outsourced, will be stained. May get a following of eccentric people loving the juxtaposition of BMW/Toyota though good luck with BMW long term ownership costs....
The AE86 is not a very good car, subjectively? Isn’t that up to the individual to decide?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater