Manual hand brake issue

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
Has anybody had any problems with their hand brake?

Since I got mine when I park on any kind of incline I hear it creak when I get in and out of the car.
I actually already brought it into the dealership for that and a squeak whenever the car was warm and I was taking off.
the squeak was 1 bolt missing and 1 about to fall out somewhere near the start of the exhaust in the front of the vehicle.
The hand brake they said they tested it and it was fine, that I probably wasn't engaging it fully.

now a couple months later I was driving around with my dad and told him about it, and he suggested I test it by pulling it while driving. [ I have not tried to e brake this car or anything yet, don't see a need when the power can get the back end out no problem ]

anyways, full handbrake while driving slow in first, BARELY braked at all. light brake at best.

first oil change is coming up so ill show the Nissan techs, for now I guess ill just make sure that she's in gear on any hills.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I have the parking break issue, and I also had it on my G37 before the Z. Way back when, I went to the dealer about the creaking noise on my G37, and they said it was normal, just the suspension loading or unloading as you get in or out of the car changing the geometry with taught brake cable. I've decided to ignore it on the Z.

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
I have the parking break issue, and I also had it on my G37 before the Z. Way back when, I went to the dealer about the creaking noise on my G37, and they said it was normal, just the suspension loading or unloading as you get in or out of the car changing the geometry with taught brake cable. I've decided to ignore it on the Z.

interesting, try pulling the hand brake while your rolling. I didn't think to much of it after the dealership said its fine but seeing just how weak it is while rolling, it cant be right.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
interesting, try pulling the hand brake while your rolling. I didn't think to much of it after the dealership said its fine but seeing just how weak it is while rolling, it cant be right.
sounds like it's way out of adjustment. It should damn near lock up the rear wheels if you give it a good yank

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
sounds like it's way out of adjustment. It should damn near lock up the rear wheels if you give it a good yank
yea hopefully just a simple adjustment. It should completely lock up the back with a hard yank IMO. and its barely slowing it down, I'm 6"3 and 230 pounds and I am putting almost all I got into it.

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance