Sponsored

Lowering springs + sway bars - do I actually need adjustable end links?

TurbodToilet

New Member
First Name
Ben
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Performance
I know this topic has been covered a lot, but the existing threads have only added to my confusion. Hoping for some direct guidance from people who've run this exact combo or something similiar.

My plan:
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • Stillen sway bars (front and rear)
  • Z1 spacer kit (stock wheels)
I thought this would be a simple, mild setup. Small drop, noticeable handling improvement, very similar ride quality to OEM. But the more I read, the more conflicting info I find. Some say lowering the car requires adjustable end links, others say the adjustable ones on the market are poor quality and cause clunking, and some say no aftermarket end links are needed at all.

Some questions for everyone:
  1. Can I stay on OEM end links with this amount of drop, or do I actually need adjustable ones?
  2. If adjustable end links are necessary, which brands have actually held up well (no clunking) for you?
  3. Do I even need an aftermarket rear sway bar? Some say the front matters more than the rear.
  4. Do I just go with coil-overs? If I do coil-overs do I need to shell out additional thousands of dollars for control arms, camber arms... etc?
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,315
Reaction score
1,926
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
1. OEM
3. Yes, do the matching set

You picked a very good streetable setup.
 

KyleWI

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
74
Reaction score
75
Location
Wisconsin
Car(s)
27 Z NISMO
Occupation
Engineer
I know this topic has been covered a lot, but the existing threads have only added to my confusion. Hoping for some direct guidance from people who've run this exact combo or something similiar.

My plan:
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • Stillen sway bars (front and rear)
  • Z1 spacer kit (stock wheels)
I thought this would be a simple, mild setup. Small drop, noticeable handling improvement, very similar ride quality to OEM. But the more I read, the more conflicting info I find. Some say lowering the car requires adjustable end links, others say the adjustable ones on the market are poor quality and cause clunking, and some say no aftermarket end links are needed at all.

Some questions for everyone:
  1. Can I stay on OEM end links with this amount of drop, or do I actually need adjustable ones?
  2. If adjustable end links are necessary, which brands have actually held up well (no clunking) for you?
  3. Do I even need an aftermarket rear sway bar? Some say the front matters more than the rear.
  4. Do I just go with coil-overs? If I do coil-overs do I need to shell out additional thousands of dollars for control arms, camber arms... etc?
And we'll you're working on #3, may as well upgrade the exhaust. That's what I ended up doing.
 
OP
OP

TurbodToilet

New Member
First Name
Ben
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Performance
And we'll you're working on #3, may as well upgrade the exhaust. That's what I ended up doing.
I am also stuck on which exhaust to buy lol. I like the sound and quality of the AWE exhaust, but I’ve heard that it has fitment issues especially on lowered cars. Something about banging on the crossmember. I imagine all the 3in piped exhausts have the same issue though…
 
 






Top