Sponsored

Lowering springs question

OP
OP

jliuod

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
37
Reaction score
37
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Integra Type S. 2026 Nissan Z Performance
I finally had a change to install the RSR lowering springs. I thought I would start with the rear as it seemed very straight forward. I was wrong. I had a very difficult time lining up the bolt for the spring bucket. I ended up having to remove a few trail arm bolts to loosen up the suspension to get the bolt in.

The front was straight forward until I realized I had to really compress the RSR springs in order to have enough thread on the shaft so I can start the nut on the shock. Also, pay attention to the orientation of the top three studs relative to the lower shock bolt. The unit will not fit if the orientation is slightly off. I started with 28.25" on all 4 corners. I took a 20 mile drive. Now all 4 corners is about 27.25". Will drive the car for another few hundred miles and will do an alignment.

I did the springs install in conjunction of doing the first oil change and installation of a Dorman anodized oil pan and a JR oil solenoid block off plate. Those two went on without a hitch.

I also did some slight modifications to the back of my stock wheels. A while back I installed a set of 15mm bolt on spacers to the front. Then found out the spacing in the back of the stock wheels is too shallow for the stock studs. I ended up causing a slight indentation in the back of the stock wheels from torquing the lug nuts on the wheels. Today I used a round grinder to slightly enlarge and deepen those indentations. Now my 15mm spacers fit perfectly.

This entire project took about 5 hours. I took my time. I probably will be able to do all these mods again in less than 5 hours if I have to do it all again.
 

RZ34>Mk.V

Member
First Name
raffy
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
9
Location
Philippines
Car(s)
RZ34
Occupation
industrial designer
I finally had a change to install the RSR lowering springs. I thought I would start with the rear as it seemed very straight forward. I was wrong. I had a very difficult time lining up the bolt for the spring bucket. I ended up having to remove a few trail arm bolts to loosen up the suspension to get the bolt in.

The front was straight forward until I realized I had to really compress the RSR springs in order to have enough thread on the shaft so I can start the nut on the shock. Also, pay attention to the orientation of the top three studs relative to the lower shock bolt. The unit will not fit if the orientation is slightly off. I started with 28.25" on all 4 corners. I took a 20 mile drive. Now all 4 corners is about 27.25". Will drive the car for another few hundred miles and will do an alignment.

I did the springs install in conjunction of doing the first oil change and installation of a Dorman anodized oil pan and a JR oil solenoid block off plate. Those two went on without a hitch.

I also did some slight modifications to the back of my stock wheels. A while back I installed a set of 15mm bolt on spacers to the front. Then found out the spacing in the back of the stock wheels is too shallow for the stock studs. I ended up causing a slight indentation in the back of the stock wheels from torquing the lug nuts on the wheels. Today I used a round grinder to slightly enlarge and deepen those indentations. Now my 15mm spacers fit perfectly.

This entire project took about 5 hours. I took my time. I probably will be able to do all these mods again in less than 5 hours if I have to do it all again.
Please post pics. Before and after if you have it. TIA
 

kevinbonds

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
511
Reaction score
633
Location
Florida
Car(s)
z34
Are RS-R Down Sus considered "progressive rate" or fixed rate? Anyone know the stock performance spring rate for comparison purposes ?

[https://www.rs-r.com/product/nissan-z-2023-down-sus-springs]
I am not sure on these, but it's what I have, and I can tell you the ride is better than stock and the car handles so much better. The biggest issue I had was the squat and nose dive on this car, and these springs fixed that, best upgrade I have done, and the drop is subtle enough to look good, but not too slammed.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
1,950
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities

nismo95tt

Well-Known Member
First Name
TRS
Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
95
Reaction score
63
Location
San Diego
Car(s)
RZ34, Z32TT
I read that u/kevinbonds & u/tracting were able to get into OEM spec alignment without additional parts while using the RS-R Down Sus springs...anyone else have that same experience? Is this considered the norm with these springs?

Trying to figure out all of my costs before committing...
 
 






Top