Sponsored

Looking for informed opinions on exhaust choice for MT Z

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
Hello folks,
I was looking a few cat back options for my Z. I initially looked at the japanese manufacturers but they all seem to comply with JASMA noise levels, and I am thinking i would be underwhelmed with buying a rather expensive japanese exhaust for not much change in experience at all. Any thoughts on this?

Looking at the other manufacturers, Borla and Stillen come to mind. Any folks with these exhausts care to chime in about their experiences?
I am mainly looking for tone and quality of sound but i want to be able to hear the exhaust too as it is important part of the overall experience for me.


Thanks for your thoughts
 

VegasDan

New Member
First Name
Daniel
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Nevada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
realtor
I bought a totaled Z and come to find out, it has a 3 inch MBRP catback and full B6A fatty 3.5 inch race down pipes. The sound is deep when it idles and starts up and I hear that the z has a normal rasp range from 2500-3500 rpm so I do get that rasp. Wide open throttle sounds amazing. I was also thinking of getting the Tomei but would definitely increase sound since the MBRP has its own muffler system. I like it as is
 
OP
OP

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
thanks I will scope MBRP out. I would like to keep the LDPs though, so that i dont mess around with the warranty
 

VegasDan

New Member
First Name
Daniel
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Nevada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
realtor
 

VegasDan

New Member
First Name
Daniel
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Nevada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
realtor
Here’s a sound clip while she’s getting tuned
 

Jah_Happy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
683
Reaction score
1,326
Location
NY
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
AWE or Boostlogic are the best sounding exhausts for the new Z. Also downpipes are a must to really get a good tone in my experience for these cars.
 
OP
OP

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
AWE or Boostlogic are the best sounding exhausts for the new Z. Also downpipes are a must to really get a good tone in my experience for these cars.
Thanks. My worry with doing the downpipes is to deal with the incompetent dealers here if there is a warranty issue. But I will take a look at AWE and Boostlogic
 

Who.Am.Eye.2716

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
744
Reaction score
844
Location
WA State
Car(s)
Z
I was looking at the MBRP and HKS Superturbo.

If you do anything, you want a resonator to remove most of the rasp at 1800-2100 rpms. In a manual, youre typically above the 2200 rpms while cruising and wont hear it as much.

Going 3" straight pipe is asking for drone/rasp
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,345
Reaction score
1,953
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
AWE, Borla, or Magnaflow.
 
OP
OP

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
Thanks for your inputs. It seems like some folks are cancelling the active sound enhancement along with getting the exhaust? Is this something the dealer can do?
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,345
Reaction score
1,953
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
Thanks for your inputs. It seems like some folks are cancelling the active sound enhancement along with getting the exhaust? Is this something the dealer can do?
Yes, absolutely. I had my dealer disable ASE but leave ANC enabled.
 
OP
OP

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
thats great. I never really liked the ASE anyway. Now for the dreaded chat with the dealer
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,345
Reaction score
1,953
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
thats great. I never really liked the ASE anyway. Now for the dreaded chat with the dealer
Should be fairly easy... Mine did it no questions asked for no charge. The service writer was clueless but the technician knew exactly what I was asking for.
 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
82
Reaction score
112
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
I’ve ordered the Magnaflow Speq for the Nismo MT, which I’m told is the best combination of non-raspy tone without any drone. There’s very little to find about it online so I’ll try and do some videos of how it sounds once installed—along with the AMS intake.

EDIT: I also don’t think ASE or ANC mods will be necessary with the Magnaflow but TBD.
 
 






Top