First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
What does everyone think about the brightness of the lights at night.
I feel my old 370Z had brighter lights, HID vs current LED, and that the light throw on the road was better.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I feel my old 370Z had brighter lights, HID vs current LED, and that the light throw on the road was better.
To me the low beams seem bright enough, but they seemed to be aimed pretty low. It's very easy to out drive the headlights on low beam.

On the other hand, the high beams are dazzling. I was using mine the other night, and the reflection from a yellow road sign made me want my sunglasses.

Ramman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
engineer
The high lights are pretty good. I had a 300ZX and felt their's showed much further down the road. They were the best lights I've ever had in a car.

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Tuning/ parts installation
Ours came unevenly aimed straight off the show floor LOL
The shaping of the headlights doesn't help much either, but all things considered they aren't the worst we've seen.

TwinZurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
I've found the lights to be the minimum level of acceptable. The Z does this in a couple areas.. likely to save $$.
I'd give the headlight system a thumbs down. The auto-high beams aren't reliable.. and with any sort of hills and turns you might have to hold the brights on... and I mean hold the stalk back. There's auto-HBs and manual hold brights.. there's no flicking the brights on and leaving it.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
There's auto-HBs and manual hold brights.. there's no flicking the brights on and leaving it.
If you twist the headline switch all the way forward to the on position (not the auto position), then you have manual control of high beams. You can push the turn signal lever forward to turn high beams on and they'll stay on.

TwinZurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
If you twist the headline switch all the way forward to the on position (not the auto position), then you have manual control of high beams. You can push the turn signal lever forward to turn high beams on and they'll stay on.
Manual headlight mode for manual high beams? That makes sense...