Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
1990 Nissan 300zxTT, 2015 370Z Nismo
Occupation
Marketing Content Creator
I am happy to present to you guys my interview with Dan Passe of Nissan that we shot yesterday. We were both tired from the reveal, but we managed to cover a lot of ground. A lot of what we ended up discussing really hasn't been talked about much.

A little bit about what's covered:

Full model breakdown
Supra benchmarking - who wins
How important the new Z is to the company
What she feels like to drive
YES he knows you want the LSD
Why this car was made
Dealer MSRP markup
...and more.

I want to thank Dan for taking the time out of his busy schedule to talk to me. They really are listening and watching guys/gals.
Dan Passe Interview

Thank you Dan!!!! I hope you all enjoy!

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Great video. Appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into this product and the reveal. This'll be a car that I'm hoping to keep as a collectable, and it's awesome how much they've incorporated heritage design & the product itself. We're super lucky.

OP
OP
Stevewithaz

Stevewithaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Occupation
I love how humble Dan sounded. Wishing the competition well. I wish we had more executives like him.
For sure. Feel free to drop comments on the video too.

OP
OP
Stevewithaz

Stevewithaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Occupation
Thanks for bringing up the CSC concerns. Too bad it was such a vague answer besides tweaking the syncros.
Yeah. He was a bit vague. But he def acknowledged it with his body language. With the knew heavier clutch, I think we will be good to go there. But you never know.

Treefitty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
Thanks to Dan for sharing what he can. Just the fact that he is willing to engage with the enthusiast community means a lot to me as a potential customer. I don’t think I’ve seen nor would I expect the same level of interaction at a grassroots level from BMWs analogous rep. They’d probably send an intern to do that job if they even did it at all. It shows me that Nissan really has made the car for enthusiasts and intends to support that community and that means a lot when deciding on a new platform that I intend to own and tweak over the next 5-10 years.