Illuminated kick plates

BusyBee

First Name
Spring
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z and Mazda CX-5
I think I just bought the only Black Z that didn’t come with illuminated kick plates, factory installed. Which was the add on that I most wanted.

I’m going to add them but I’m trying to decide between Black Metallic and Brushed Metallic, can anyone post some pictures? Also, what color does the Z light up as? My 370 the Z lit up the same orangey color as all the other lighting in the car.

TIA

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I think I just bought the only Black Z that didn’t come with illuminated kick plates, factory installed. Which was the add on that I most wanted.

I’m going to add them but I’m trying to decide between Black Metallic and Brushed Metallic, can anyone post some pictures? Also, what color does the Z light up as? My 370 the Z lit up the same orangey color as all the other lighting in the car.

TIA
I have the base/sport model and it came with brushed metallic. It kind of seems like all of the sport models got brushed metallic while performance get black. The light is white on the new model. Haven't seen the black metallic but I really like the one that came with my car.

OP
OP
BusyBee

BusyBee

First Name
Spring
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z and Mazda CX-5
I have the base/sport model and it came with brushed metallic. It kind of seems like all of the sport models got brushed metallic while performance get black. The light is white on the new model. Haven't seen the black metallic but I really like the one that came with my car.
Do you have any pictures? I have a performance model but I kind of like the contrast of the brushed metallic.

HP Proto

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
I have a Proto spec Z and waiting for my kick plate to come in, I will post pic’s once it gets installed from a dealer.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
I installed a set on my Mazda CX5. They are easy to DIY.
It lasts about 4-5 yrs. Then, replace the button battery inside, which is also easy to do.
They are getting very expensive. I had it for $200-300 bucks back in 2017.
It costs about $500 nowadays.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Here are the black metallic. They have a black brushed look and light up white
PXL_20230423_164606163.jpg
Thanks, @MCN1SMO. I know this thread is about kick plates, but I think this is the first shot I've seen with a close-up of the stitching on the leather seats. Looks nice. Subtle contrast.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Dont worry, my performance model didn't come with it from the manufacturer either. I added the black one.

OP
OP
BusyBee

BusyBee

First Name
Spring
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z and Mazda CX-5
Dont worry, my performance model didn't come with it from the manufacturer either. I added the black one.
Did you have to buy 2 accessory connectors too? Or just 1?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Did you have to buy 2 accessory connectors too? Or just 1?
Not sure, I remember them telling me I had to buy this. To be honest , they just charged me and paid. I’ll have to check my receipt but I know for sure for charged for it but not sure if it’s 1 or 2