Hold on deliveries

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
My Proto Z manual was supposed to arrive in mid September, this date keeps getting pushed back. I spoke to Nissan USA today and was informed that there is a hold on Z deliveries, not just the automatics. Nissan informed me that they would be contacting me when the hold was removed.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Can't delivery what they don't have. There's rumblings of stop sales on the MT though no one really knows for certain as some cars were purchased after "it" was going around. And an earlier one on the AT. However, I believe the AT was remedied. Nothing really official from Nissan, as they like to keep us in the complete darkness. We've heard everything from parts shortages announced in early spring delaying the launch, to now apparently production halt and crushing the cars.. So who really knows what the deal is anymore. It's kind of been this whole guessing game since January.

There's a ton of Proto's on the roads (In the USA), still a handful or more waiting eager purchasers with a hundred grand to spend in dealer show rooms.

The Performance trim cars are starting to pop up. Mainly in white and black. Some have been delivered to customers.

If you notice. The majority of the cars being sold are to "influencers", tuner shops, parts stores all destined to be chopped, tuned, developed and debuting at SEMA haha. Probably on purpose. Like the car needs any more exposure, it's already 2 years in the making.

AU only has demo's in the show rooms, mayyybe a car or two on the streets for that one off lucky guy. They're being told 2023 at the earliest.
Japan has a pile of cars that have been delivered. Mainly Proto, and Black Diamond. Again mainly shops and tuners
Canada has yet to see a single car; only exists in photographs
USA has delivered a pile of protos, and a handful of Performance trim cars, maybe a base or two. But, it's more of a FFA market, first come first serve. There were no order taking, only "putting your name on a list" and getting ready to bend over for that 30k markup when and if the dealer gets a car.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I never expected or wanted to be first kid on the block. Figured late 2023 or early 2024 was more realistic, for a reasonable low aggravation MSRP sale (in the USA at least). But this launch is dragging out so long, even that time frame seems fading away.

With every month of delays and low production, Nissan is basically pushing this vehicle further out into 2024 for me, at which point especially nearing 2025, I'll probably be on to other things.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
We've heard everything from parts shortages announced in early spring delaying the launch, to now apparently production halt and crushing the cars..
K crushing the cars? Please point me in the direction of something that shows/says that. I'm morbidly curious.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
K crushing the cars? Please point me in the direction of something that shows/says that. I'm morbidly curious.
It's just a rumor that's been circling around on the AU thread, no idea if there's any truth to it. The thread is very active. So it's hard to pin point where they had started talking of something serious that happened during production, being completely secret info. Now to kind of hinting at being told the cars were destroyed, it's tough to follow the conversation haha

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Australian dealers are saying that there is a major manufacturing flaw and all non deliveries will be crushed., again this is just a rumor so far.That would be hard to believe.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Australian dealers are saying that there is a major manufacturing flaw and all non deliveries will be crushed., again this is just a rumor so far.That would be hard to believe.
Is there an article related to this? I mean, I can’t imagine there being such a flaw in AU cars that would require crushing it when the US market is getting ‘some’. At the same time - I recognize that its a rumor so probably not - but dang - if true - that would be crazy.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I am not doubting you heard something or throwing rocks at you, but no way. Call BS.
Unless AU has some crazy car laws, it is built on an older but know chasis. Cannot fathom what would be unfixable??

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I am not doubting you heard something or throwing rocks at you, but no way. Call BS.
Unless AU has some crazy car laws, it is built on an older but know chasis. Cannot fathom what would be unfixable??
As they're all from the same factory if there is catastrophic failure it's unlikely it would be isolated to one market. My best guess is that production/delivery has been halted to improve the manual transmission.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
If you notice. The majority of the cars being sold are to "influencers", tuner shops, parts stores all destined to be chopped, tuned, developed and debuting at SEMA haha. Probably on purpose. Like the car needs any more exposure, it's already 2 years in the making.
Not really, if you got the money and credit, you can walk in to the dealer and buy one, if they have it.. They don't care if you are an influencer or a youtuber or not.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Not really, if you got the money and credit, you can walk in to the dealer and buy one, if they have it.. They don't care if you are an influencer or a youtuber or not.
Idk about that one. They all promoted the dealership who they bought it from also. Free exposure they would rather sell to someone well known on social media/influencers. I know i would, that’s just how it works

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Idk about that one. They all promoted the dealership who they bought it from also. Free exposure they would rather sell to someone well known on social media/influencers. I know i would, that’s just how it works
Most people with the new Z that I've seen are not influencers at all 😂. Dealers don't care as long as they got your money. It all comes down on how much you are willing to pay. Even though it sounds like a good idea, but they are not going to wait until an influencer shows up. First come first served. Money talks.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Most people with the new Z that I've seen are not influencers at all 😂. Dealers don't care as long as they got your money. It all comes down on how much you are willing to pay. Even though it sounds like a good idea, but they are not going to wait until an influencer shows up. First come first served. Money talks.
You've seen people with the new Z? ;) If there are any in the major metro area of Chicagoland, I haven't seen one.