Sponsored

Hey guys! New here and first doubt

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
Hello from Spain, pleasure to be here! I'm honoured to most likely be the first Nissan Z in my country.

So I'm importing a black Z and in order to get the car registered one of the things I need to pass laboratory homologation is changing the amber-orange parking lights of the headlamps. Does anyone knows if it's a LED one and how difficult it's to replace it for a "white" one??

Thanks in advance!
 

bpeckham

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Feb 11, 2023
Threads
64
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
1,966
Location
San Diego
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
”Bienvenido al foro!

All the exterior lights are LED according to the manual, and (sorry for the poor graphics) light number 6.

1000058705.png


1000058704.png


I'm not sure if the LED is amber or if it's white with an amber lens, or how hard it would be to get in there and mess with things.

Are you importing the US model?
 
Last edited:

bpeckham

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Feb 11, 2023
Threads
64
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
1,966
Location
San Diego
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
This post has some info on differences in different markets. Maybe you could swap in the AU/NZ or JP headlight module to get compliance. That might be an expensive route.
 
OP
OP
damawasi

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
”Bienvenido al foro!

All the exterior lights are LED according to the manual, and (sorry for the poor graphics) light number 6.

1000058705.webp


1000058704.webp


I'm not sure if the LED is amber or if it's white with an amber lens, or how hard it would be to get in there and mess with things.

Are you importing the US model?
Gracias amigo!

Thanks for the infographics, so it's gonna be led, that makes things more complicated. Even like you say is the lens which are amber, if anyone can confirm that i can start figuring out how to solve this...

Mine it's a manual performance Canadian model, which I just noticed thanks to that thread you shared with me it's coming with no wireless connection and the 8" screen, what a pitty. At least I would have a block heater for our spanish sometimes hard winters haha.

Gonna try to deep into this amber light matter
 

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
316
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
I’d look on Reddit. A lot of 370Z owners have taken apart & modified their headlights. Tough to have to do that on a new car though.
Reddit 370Z Headlight mods

Here’s a DIY step by step:
the370.com headlight mods

Personally if I had the money, I’d buy some:
Z1 Motorsports RZ34 Replacement Headlights

Finally - Check with Morimoto, they’re a solid replacement headlight brand and may even modify to your requirements. They don’t list a Z headlight online, but I bet it’s in development. (Para eso estamos)
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
damawasi

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
I’d look on Reddit. A lot of 370Z owners have taken apart & modified their headlights. Tough to have to do that on a new car though.
Reddit 370Z Headlight mods

Here’s a DIY step by step:
the370.com headlight mods

Personally if I had the money, I’d buy some:
Z1 Motorsports RZ34 Replacement Headlights

Finally - Check with Morimoto, they’re a solid replacement headlight brand and may even modify to your requirements. They don’t list a Z headlight online, but I bet it’s in development. (Para eso estamos)
Hey, gracias!

That headlights from Z1 are quite nice, it's an option, but i would like to keep it stock if possible. Do you know if they are plug and play? No coding, nothing...

The Morimoto option is not available, I don;t find any headlight for the new Z as you said so I've emailed them, let's see.

Another option is to remove the amber light (not the lense) and use the DRL as parking light but I do need them to decreased the intensity after turning on the lights (so only at full intensity when they are used during the day just as DRLs). Do you know (or anybody) if the amber parking light can be delete by using codes or maybe disconnect something?

Also, does anybody know if DLRs keep same intensity no matter what another lights are on?

I cannot try it since car is embarking next days...

Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
damawasi

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
Oh wait, I see in that infographic @bpeckham share, the DRL's are also parking light... So if after turning on the other lights those ones intensity is lower then it might work. The orange ones are front side marker lights not parking ones ok, my bad.
 

CPerdomo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
701
Reaction score
549
Location
Brandon, Fl.
Car(s)
27 Z Nismo Manual, 2016 Frontier Pro4X Manual
Occupation
Congregational Leader
Hello from Spain, pleasure to be here! I'm honoured to most likely be the first Nissan Z in my country.

So I'm importing a black Z and in order to get the car registered one of the things I need to pass laboratory homologation is changing the amber-orange parking lights of the headlamps. Does anyone knows if it's a LED one and how difficult it's to replace it for a "white" one??

Thanks in advance!
Felicitaciones, en hora buena!
 

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
316
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
Hey, gracias!

That headlights from Z1 are quite nice, it's an option, but i would like to keep it stock if possible. Do you know if they are plug and play? No coding, nothing...

The Morimoto option is not available, I don;t find any headlight for the new Z as you said so I've emailed them, let's see.
Yeah, I like the look of the AlphaRex Nova Z headlights. I found them for $1300 at Elite Race Fab

Nahhh… You don’t need to code them, just plug them in. Before install, you can jumper between White and Amber DLRs. I prefer the white personally. The turn signals are sequential, startup is animated. Here’s a YT video of Z Nova headlights from a guy I follow. You can check out the install & see what they look like when on. šŸ‘šŸ»

I’m a bit confused… I call the reflectors ā€˜side marker lights’. I think you are calling them ā€˜parking lights’. On my US 2025 Z markers are Amber reflectors in the front (inside and on the edge of the headlights) and Red reflectors on the rear fenders. They light up Amber / Red when the parking lights are turned on.
On any headlight you buy from the US, I think the side marker lights inside would have amber lenses. I know that you can buy clear lenses for the rears, as that is how they are sold in Japan. I dk about headlights from Japan - but their cars are RHD anyway, so headlights bought from Japan prob won’t work for you.

My confusion is that in the list below (which I copied from Z1) it says ā€˜Amber Markers’ but then white ā€˜parking lights’. I think they actually are talking about the DRLs.

Headlight Specifications:
  • Traffic Pattern: LHD ONLY
  • Lens Color: Clear
  • Housing Color: Black / Alpha Black
  • Side Marker Color: Amber
  • Running / Parking Light Color: White (LED)
  • Turn Signal Color: Amber (Sequential LED)
  • Optics: 4x Ice Cube 3D Projector LED
  • Lens Material: UV-Coated Polycarbonate
  • Housing Material: Polypropylene
  • Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
 
OP
OP
damawasi

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
Yeah, I like the look of the AlphaRex Nova Z headlights. I found them for $1300 at Elite Race Fab

Nahhh… You don’t need to code them, just plug them in. Before install, you can jumper between White and Amber DLRs. I prefer the white personally. The turn signals are sequential, startup is animated. Here’s a YT video of Z Nova headlights from a guy I follow. You can check out the install & see what they look like when on. šŸ‘šŸ»

I’m a bit confused… I call the reflectors ā€˜side marker lights’. I think you are calling them ā€˜parking lights’. On my US 2025 Z markers are Amber reflectors in the front (inside and on the edge of the headlights) and Red reflectors on the rear fenders. They light up Amber / Red when the parking lights are turned on.
On any headlight you buy from the US, I think the side marker lights inside would have amber lenses. I know that you can buy clear lenses for the rears, as that is how they are sold in Japan. I dk about headlights from Japan - but their cars are RHD anyway, so headlights bought from Japan prob won’t work for you.

My confusion is that in the list below (which I copied from Z1) it says ā€˜Amber Markers’ but then white ā€˜parking lights’. I think they actually are talking about the DRLs.

Headlight Specifications:
  • Traffic Pattern: LHD ONLY
  • Lens Color: Clear
  • Housing Color: Black / Alpha Black
  • Side Marker Color: Amber
  • Running / Parking Light Color: White (LED)
  • Turn Signal Color: Amber (Sequential LED)
  • Optics: 4x Ice Cube 3D Projector LED
  • Lens Material: UV-Coated Polycarbonate
  • Housing Material: Polypropylene
  • Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Thanks mate, yeah, was a bit confused cause I was calling to the front side markers light "parking lights" but now it's clear, sorry about that. So in this case and as you said those side markers light goes with back ones (red, which I have to cover), then I need to know if the DRLs that act also as parking lights work with less intensity after lights are turned on. In here if you have DRLs as parking lights it's mandatory that they lowered intensity in comparison that when they are used as "only" DRLs.

That Z1 headlight specification says same as in the infographics about headlights description at above messages, seems like "parking light and DRLs are same thing"... would you please check for me in your Z if there is any difference between DRL intensity and parking light "mode" let's say? Or it's exactly the same brightness...

Thanks!
 

bpeckham

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Feb 11, 2023
Threads
64
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
1,966
Location
San Diego
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I just took these two pictures of my headlights. The first is a photo of the driver's side module with the parking lights on. Front of the car is to the left.

1000058717.webp


It gives you an idea of the running lights (white) and the side marker light (amber).

The amber piece is inside the unit, not accessible from the outside. It's maybe 20mm inside the module with a visible gap between the lens and the module case, shown by this view of the passenger side module. Front of the car to the right.

1000058718.webp


Hmm.
 

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
316
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
Thanks mate, yeah, was a bit confused cause I was calling to the front side markers light "parking lights" but now it's clear, sorry about that. So in this case and as you said those side markers light goes with back ones (red, which I have to cover), then I need to know if the DRLs that act also as parking lights work with less intensity after lights are turned on. In here if you have DRLs as parking lights it's mandatory that they lowered intensity in comparison that when they are used as "only" DRLs.
…

Thanks!
On my 2025 Z the DRLs (White Arcs above & below headlights) don’t change intensity when the headlights are switched on.
But Nissan has a diagnostic and configuration program called Consult3 or Consult III+
A tech has access to settings and user preferences that aren’t available on the car’s menus. Perhaps there are options to account for lighting requirements in different countries? I would expect so… but I do not know. You need to contact a Nissan Service department in Spain & see if they can advise.

You could also purchase the Consult3 software license and a cable so you can change configurations yourself. If you look at posts about ā€˜Fake Engine Noise’ also called ASE (Active Sound Enhancement) a lot of users are looking at options to turn it off themselves. So there is a discussion of how to get the Consult3 software & cables to modify Z configurations. Here’s the thread: Comparison ANc/ASE on and off
 
OP
OP
damawasi

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
I just took these two pictures of my headlights. The first is a photo of the driver's side module with the parking lights on. Front of the car is to the left.

1000058717.webp


It gives you an idea of the running lights (white) and the side marker light (amber).

The amber piece is inside the unit, not accessible from the outside. It's maybe 20mm inside the module with a visible gap between the lens and the module case, shown by this view of the passenger side module. Front of the car to the right.

1000058718.webp


Hmm.
That's lovely, thanks so much. What I can see is that there is not like a proper parking light, it's the DRL plus amber side marker...
 
OP
OP
damawasi

damawasi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Spain
Car(s)
Suzuki Jimny and Porsche Boxster S 981
On my 2025 Z the DRLs (White Arcs above & below headlights) don’t change intensity when the headlights are switched on.
But Nissan has a diagnostic and configuration program called Consult3 or Consult III+
A tech has access to settings and user preferences that aren’t available on the car’s menus. Perhaps there are options to account for lighting requirements in different countries? I would expect so… but I do not know. You need to contact a Nissan Service department in Spain & see if they can advise.

You could also purchase the Consult3 software license and a cable so you can change configurations yourself. If you look at posts about ā€˜Fake Engine Noise’ also called ASE (Active Sound Enhancement) a lot of users are looking at options to turn it off themselves. So there is a discussion of how to get the Consult3 software & cables to modify Z configurations. Here’s the thread: Comparison ANc/ASE on and off
That info is very helpful, thanks mate. So considering this it's clear that I have to do some work in the headlight to get car homologated here. Maybe the easiest way is using that software you say, or I guess there is a way with some external controller to reduced DRL intensity with parking lights on mode, that way would work here for the inspection.
 

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
316
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
That info is very helpful, thanks mate. So considering this it's clear that I have to do some work in the headlight to get car homologated here. Maybe the easiest way is using that software you say, or I guess there is a way with some external controller to reduced DRL intensity with parking lights on mode, that way would work here for the inspection.
BTW- According to the thread, the ā€œHardware Cableā€ can be the vxdiag product which supports CP3 (Consult3 from Nissan). It plugs into the OBDII port. You may still have to rent (or buy) the Consult3+ software license. Vxdiag Web Site

I’ve never used this setup, but I’m sure someone here who has bought it can point you in the right direction. You could also just search the forum for VXDIAG to discover more. I may end up going down this route if my dealer won’t do some preference changes for free when I do my first oil change.

Enjoy your new Z, I hope you can get it registered and in the road without too much trouble!
 
 






Top