Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
I owned a 2017 370z before I totaled it. So it should be the same, or better. No need to test drive it just take my goddamn money

• Haha
Reactions: FBD

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
I went to the Dallas auto show today and saw the Z in the flesh. I haven’t been a fan of the front grille and was concerned that seeing it in real life might make somehow like the car less.

My fear was put to bed immediately upon seeing the Z. I think the front end is great and I want the Z a 100x more now than before seeing it. Photos of the front simply don’t do it any justice and don’t capture the full presence of the Z-which is AWESOME!

Anyone change their mind about something with the car after seeing it?

84905B1D-0A73-4545-9DB5-BDC8B9AF72F2.jpeg
This was exactly my experience seeing it last month. You don't even see the grill when you're standing next to it. And it's not a flat shape, it's angled forward.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/all-new-2023-nissan-z-makes-world-debut.10467/page-114#post-187419

img_20220319_101710-jpg.jpg

img_20220319_101648-jpg.jpg

img_20220319_102024-jpg.jpg

img_20220319_105224-jpg.jpg

img_20220319_104002-jpg.jpg

So I saw it yesterday and my thoughts on the whole car is just that I find it to be a very simple design.

Rear end - this was my favorite part outside yet I forgot to take a pic of it. The rear was interesting because of the lights that give off a 300zx vibe and the smooth black diffuser in gloss black. It kinda looks boxy in shape however which is similar to a 240z 8/10

Side profile - this is where I became a bit disappointed vs pics. It looks kind of flat and simple instead of having that typical sports car muscular curves. I did like the black top in person as I did in pics. 7/10

Front - I'm still not a fan of this area in the flesh. It's my least favorite part of the car. 3/10

Interior - it looked like a really nice improvement over the 370z but keep in mind this is the Performance Premium model. 9/10

This car has what I consider a somewhat safe/inoffensive and boring design of the sports car spectrum. If you're into that and you hate sleek creases and curves with either real or fake vents this car will more than suffice.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Saw the same car. Couldn't disagree more about the side. In person it's what we were surprised about the most. Car looked stunning in that color under that lighting and pictures don't really do it justice ?‍♂
I’d like to see one in person just once…I think this would put my mind at ease in so many ways …is it the right choice, is it value, is it better than what I can get in other manufactures.
In photos it seems the answer is yes, but you can never 100% tell until you can actually see it and breath in its essence so to speak
And opinions can vary… @Haste you seem 199% percent sold, where as @supraboi now seems a 50/50 in person visuals can really make a huge difference

Having said that I am committed to buy sight unseen, so I’m hoping it’s a good as the photos for me

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Yeah planning on seeing this car up close in NY Auto show. I'm sure it's going to make me want it even more lol.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’d like to see one in person just once…I think this would put my mind at ease in so many ways …is it the right choice, is it value, is it better than what I can get in other manufactures.
In photos it seems the answer is yes, but you can never 100% tell until you can actually see it and breath in its essence so to speak
And opinions can vary… @Haste you seem 199% percent sold, where as @supraboi now seems a 50/50 in person visuals can really make a huge difference

Having said that I am committed to buy sight unseen, so I’m hoping it’s a good as the photos for me
Hope you get to see one somehow in person soon. I was 100% sold before seeing it and would have bought one sight unseen had it come to that. Pretty easy choice for me since I owned a 350 & 370, love the way the Z looks in pics and vids, and only want cars for myself that are manual and turbo. And yeah, like you said, I'm more than sold now after actually seeing it. Something about this design really does it for me.

To put it into perspective though, out of all the brand new cars at that show, the only other ones that did anything for me at all were the GR86 and BRZ. Even the new Z06... Nissan's spot on the floor was right past Chevy's so we walked by it on the way to the Z and it just did absolutely nothing for me ?‍♂

OP
OP
GrishTXU

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus CT200h Lexus GX 570

I’d like to see the performance figures and experience the driving dynamics at least once before I buy. I’m sold on the looks after seeing it, but looks only go so far…

OP
OP
GrishTXU

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus CT200h Lexus GX 570
Hope you get to see one somehow in person soon. I was 100% sold before seeing it and would have bought one sight unseen had it come to that. Pretty easy choice for me since I owned a 350 & 370, love the way the Z looks in pics and vids, and only want cars for myself that are manual and turbo. And yeah, like you said, I'm more than sold now after actually seeing it. Something about this design really does it for me.

To put it into perspective though, out of all the brand new cars at that show, the only other ones that did anything for me at all were the GR86 and BRZ. Even the new Z06... Nissan's spot on the floor was right past Chevy's so we walked by it on the way to the Z and it just did absolutely nothing for me ?‍♂
I had the same feeling/experience you did. I thought I’d like the Z06 a lot more and GR86 was the only other car that caught my eye.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Oh.sorry I retract that then, I thought it was his impressions.
regardless…it’s someones impression, which is my point
If you haven't seen Jay Leno's Garage episode on the new Z, have a look on YouTube. That video avoids the shaky/moving camera that is popular (obnoxious) these days, and also doesn't use a wide angle lens that tends to distort the vehicle proportions. I thought the Z appeared very nice in Jay's video. Looking forward to seeing a Z in person.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer

The best part by far is how clean it looks. My god, so much delicious real estate without a single weird cut, gouge or fake vent. It looks much more futuristic/expensive in person than I thought it would look. And the hood is very long indeed.

Here's some photos I snapped.

1647919114643.png
1647919132613.png
1647919190158.png

1647919157681.png

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had the same feeling/experience you did. I thought I’d like the Z06 a lot more and GR86 was the only other car that caught my eye.
Yeah, not trying to knock it but to me it just looks like it's trying way too hard. If I was given one I would sell it and get a few cars that I really want. I guess in general, even with supercars, I prefer ones more on the elegant and understated side, and looking back most of the Japanese cars that I love from the 90's are relatively simple designs today. There was however this ACR at the show that I would have done some pretty unspeakable things to starting with that wheel gap ? Would prefer green or blue but pink doesn't even look bad given the car.

1647918857849.png

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The Nissan representative working the Z display basically said US Nissan dealers were not going to be keen on letting people test drive the Z. I wonder if that’s true?
Very strange, wonder how many US dealers he has spoken with. I could walk into the local Porsche dealership tomorrow and test drive a $240k 911.